HELP my 2 week old puppy has milk coming out of his nose
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By shaynapug

Thread: HELP my 2 week old puppy has milk coming out of his nose

indyandlilly is offline New to the Village

Default HELP my 2 week old puppy has milk coming out of his nose

My 2 week old puppy has milk coming out of his nose every time he nurses on his mom, he is the only puppy, the vet said he looks healthy and it doesn't seem to bother him, but why is he doing this, i'm scared he will drown, he also spits milk up after hes done feeding. is this normal, he is gaining weight and is actually really fat but does this every single feeding since the day he was born, sometimes just a little comes out sometimes a lot comes out and he makes a lot of noise while feeding.

shaynapug is offline True Village Royalty

Did the vet check for a cleft palate???

My last litter, Otto always had milk coming out of his nose. I kept running him to the vet as I was watching for aspirated pneumonia. He did get it...spent 2 nights at the vet's and they tubed him and got him on food at 2.5 wks old.

You should always be with them when they are eating and have a baby bulb for clearing snot handy... A little milk can be wiped up...but a lot needs to be cleared!
    Lu Ci and Ri Ki and allygirl like this.
    Diane
    Shayna Pugs
    http://www.midmichiganpugclub.com
    Chairperson of PDCA Rescue Committee

allygirl is online now Village Admiral

I would be worried about him getting aspiration pneumonia.
    I had a bottle baby kitten that would aspirate every single feeding, no matter how careful we were. Pretty sure she was a premature baby. I was so worried about pneumonia with her. Good Luck with your baby. I have no advice to add to what Diane has said.
    Amy
    Mom to 1 pug, 1 Chow & 9 cats!
    Ally, Piper, Macy, Panther, Buttercup, Garfield, Missy, Baby Myla Zoe & Thor

+ Reply to Thread