Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By LilyFayre
  • 1 Post By NoodlesPugAdvice
  • 1 Post By LilyFayre
  • 1 Post By AmyR

Thread: insurance

GordonBrunoPugMom is offline Village Royalty

Default insurance

Many members mention insurance . I wondered if there is a company trending with members at this forum?
    I have not had insurance before. I looked around and there are different types and companies. I rather get input from people who actually use the service.
    So if you have insurance who do you use and what do you think are that companies pro and cons?
    Thanks for the input.

I did not see a thread about this topic? If there is one please link me to it and close this one.

LilyFayre is offline Village Tea Pug

Hi!

I always suggest to people that they ask their veterinary surgery as to which pet insurance company(s) they find efficient to deal with and the level of cover you should be looking at.

I can only speak for the UK but there's little point taking out a cheaper priced policy if when you try to claim on it they either take months to process your claim and argue with you each step of the way or there are so many exclusion clauses in the small print that they then refuse to pay out anything at all saying that it isn't covered.
    Suzie
    Bree, Xanthe and Darwin

NoodlesPugAdvice is offline Village Puppy

Hi!
    I have used PetPlan for my insurance on Noodles right since we had him, I have made 2 claims on it and my yearly premium didn't rise.
    The claim process was completed very quickly and the money was back in my bank within a few days..
    I highly recommend PetPlan, also the price per year isn't expensive.
    Again I can only talk for companies in U.K.
    GordonBrunoPugMom likes this.
    Visit my site at http://noodlespugadvice.com where you can find information, advice and pictures of pugs! Updated regularly with new posts and pictures.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

LilyFayre is offline Village Tea Pug

Quote Originally Posted by NoodlesPugAdvice View Post
    Hi!
    I have used PetPlan for my insurance on Noodles right since we had him, I have made 2 claims on it and my yearly premium didn't rise.
    The claim process was completed very quickly and the money was back in my bank within a few days..
    I highly recommend PetPlan, also the price per year isn't expensive.
    Again I can only talk for companies in U.K.

Lol! Depends exactly where you live in the UK as to whether or not Petplan is a reasonable price to pay or not! Where I'm located in Hertfordshire the premiums were THREE times the amount for my puppy as to what was quoted for someone else's puppy living further north!

I've got exactly the same policy as Petplan (underwritten by Allianz) from the Co-op for a MUCH cheaper premium plus other perks too.
    Suzie
    Bree, Xanthe and Darwin

AmyR is offline Village Ninja Pug

We are with Tesco and have had no issues with them paying out (probably about 6000 up to now). Very easy to deal with and other perks too.

No insurance company, so I understand, will cover any pre-existing medical conditions so that's something to bear in mind.

Vets will give you a good idea of which insurance companies they deal with easily and also whether or not your vet / the insurance company are happy to deal with direct claims.
    Amy
    ~ Will's mum and servant!
    And now mummy to puppy Charlie too! Who said pugs are addictive?! :)

+ Reply to Thread