Pug bowl suggestions
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Pug bowl suggestions

GordonBrunoPugMom is offline Village Royalty

Default Pug bowl suggestions

I need a bowl for Bruno.
    Bruno is almost 9 month old and still has some puppy teeth. Does that matter? His head seems small to me, compare to Gordons. He is still growing and certainly loves his chew bones.
    Anyhow Bruno is not food crazy. Snacks have to be handed in tiny pieces and licked / inspected first.
    He of course is hungry at feeding time and Gordon is doing a great job getting him excited.
    But unlike Gordon he has trouble eating comfortably out of a bowl. We bought a few different types designed for brachycephalic dogs but he still is pushing wet or dry kibbles all over the floor.
    I do not want plastic .
    I found this https://enhancedpetproducts.com/pages/breed and wondered if anyone is using it or can suggest one for me?
    https://youtu.be/wIvOnO-UZb0
    Last edited by GordonBrunoPugMom; 02-19-2018 at 07:39 PM.

Tinker's mom is offline Village Royalty

I bought a small ceramic shallow bowl from Chewey.com. Actually I have 2 one for food, one for water. They seem to work well and are dishwasher safe.
    Jackie,Mom to Robbie & Stacy my human children and Tinker my furkid.

LilyFayre is offline Village Tea Pug

Xanthe has a similar bowl to the Enhanced stainless steel one although the rubber ring on the bottom of it perished ages ago. She uses her paws to hold it still while she’s eating. Darwin has a flat, circular ceramic bowl and can travel quite some distance across the kitchen floor with it! Both of my pugs have complete meat (wetfood) that I cut into cubes that occasionally they’ll take one out and chew it on the floor if I’ve cut it too big but otherwise they’re too intent on gobbling it down at high speed.

I did see some interesting bowls in a video clip on Facebook yesterday - two French bulldogs were eating from what looked like slow feeder bowls mounted on their sides in varnished wooden blocks so the dogs didn’t have to bend their necks in order to eat. They looked very well crafted so I’d assume they’d be very expensive though!
    Suzie
    Bree, Xanthe and Darwin

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

Lu Ci and Ri Ki is offline Village Ya-Ya

I use ceramic sherbert bowls that bring the bowl up about 3 - 4 inches. My Pugs seem to do well not having to stretch their necks all the way to the floor. But you can get stands that do the same thing.
    GordonBrunoPugMom likes this.
    We never touch people so lightly that we don't leave a trace.

Quote Originally Posted by LilyFayre View Post
    Xanthe has a similar bowl to the Enhanced stainless steel one although the rubber ring on the bottom of it perished ages ago. She uses her paws to hold it still while she’s eating. Darwin has a flat, circular ceramic bowl and can travel quite some distance across the kitchen floor with it! Both of my pugs have complete meat (wetfood) that I cut into cubes that occasionally they’ll take one out and chew it on the floor if I’ve cut it too big but otherwise they’re too intent on gobbling it down at high speed.

I did see some interesting bowls in a video clip on Facebook yesterday - two French bulldogs were eating from what looked like slow feeder bowls mounted on their sides in varnished wooden blocks so the dogs didn’t have to bend their necks in order to eat. They looked very well crafted so I’d assume they’d be very expensive though!
    We use dog feeding mats to avoid sliding of bowls. We did feed wet for a while and it made no difference for Bruno.
    The Enhanced bowl has an optional stand to raise the bowl up. I am not to worry about bending necks twice a day for food. The water dish is filtered and raised
    https://www.petkit.com/#/W1
    We tried also their food bowls. The Fresh collections is great for the weight scale alone. Gordon is fine with what ever as long there is Food!
    I am videotape Bruno to see what the issue is. My husband is one feeding the dogs but I might tonight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Default Pug bowl suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by Lu Ci and Ri Ki View Post
    I use ceramic sherbert bowls that bring the bowl up about 3 - 4 inches. My Pugs seem to do well not having to stretch their necks all the way to the floor. But you can get stands that do the same thing.
    Hmm I guess I try to sit the bowls on a stool tonight and see if raising the bowl makes a difference.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by GordonBrunoPugMom; 02-18-2018 at 08:28 PM.

Wonka & Nilla is offline Village Dancing Jitterpug

Our pugs eat from shallow ceramic bowls that are set onto a raised feeder that my hubby made to suit each pug's height (so Nilla's is a bit shorter than Wonka's). Before you invest in a raised feeder, you could try just stacking books or a box under their bowls to see if they like it raised up.
    Village Moderator

Mom to Miss Jelly Bean "Beanie" Licorice Pug
    Forever in our hearts:
    Miss Nilla Sassafras Pug August 17, 2002 to April 19, 2018
    And my Heart-Dog...
    Wonka the Dancing Pug, CGC, W-FD, W-TFD.
    Februrary 11, 2005 to May 10, 2020. Miss you, sweet boy!

I put a few Clips together
    https://youtu.be/wIvOnO-UZb0

Wonka & Nilla is offline Village Dancing Jitterpug

LOL Messy boy! I wonder if he just needs a wider bowl or something more shallow? Maybe he's scooping it out like that because it's hard to get his muzzle down in?
    Village Moderator

Mom to Miss Jelly Bean "Beanie" Licorice Pug
    Forever in our hearts:
    Miss Nilla Sassafras Pug August 17, 2002 to April 19, 2018
    And my Heart-Dog...
    Wonka the Dancing Pug, CGC, W-FD, W-TFD.
    Februrary 11, 2005 to May 10, 2020. Miss you, sweet boy!

Hunny-n-Chou is offline Village Mayor

I use stainless steel, medium sized bowls for both Hunny and Cho:
    http://www.chewy.com/platinum-pets-s...steel/dp/54154.

Prior to Cho's arrival, Hunny was extremely picky and grazed to her hearts content. Feedings usually took a fair amount of coaxing, and quite she would prefer eating her food from off the floor rather than from the bowl. Never more! LOL Since Cho's arrival, she eats so much faster and always from the bowl. If I had to guess, I would say it's because if she doesn't keep up with Cho, he will gobble hers too and man is he lightening fast! LOL

I also have a water fountain for my menagerie and it is a wonderful thing for the pups, kitty, and for me! http://www.chewy.com/drinkwell-plati...in-13/dp/48102

------------------------------------------

I viewed your video AFTER the above post. Hunny used to do the same thing with the kibble she was eating when a very small pup. She seemed to be selectively pushing out the pieces she didn't like and eating the rest. :)
    Last edited by Hunny-n-Chou; 02-20-2018 at 11:32 AM.
    GordonBrunoPugMom likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast