+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By LilyFayre
  • 1 Post By puglover22
  • 2 Post By LilyFayre

Thread: nose roll?

monodem is offline New to the Village

Default nose roll?

Hello, I just adopted a 2month old pug puppy but her nose roll is 'split', and doesn't cover her 'bee sting'. Is there a technique homologous to ear taping that will help her nose roll become more pronounced or does that mean she'll most likely not have one. Thanks in advance!

AmyR is offline Village Ninja Pug

Does it matter to you, what her nose roll looks like? Are you planning to show her?
    Amy
    ~ Will's mum and servant!
    And now mummy to puppy Charlie too! Who said pugs are addictive?! :)

LilyFayre is offline Village Tea Pug

Hi!

Hard to say without seeing any photos of her, but a small nose roll is definitely preferable to a large one that can cause all sorts of health problems. I’d be extremely pleased that she’s got a small one if I were you!
    Lu Ci and Ri Ki likes this.
    Suzie
    Bree, Xanthe and Darwin

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

puglover22 is offline Village Royalty

nose rolls are over-rated and very high maintenance. be happy.......
    Lu Ci and Ri Ki likes this.

Stephanie, pugmom to Louie Livewire, born 3/15/06
    and my 3 angels waiting at the bridge....
    the very special Junior, my pug angel who is doing agility at the rainbow bridge 11/22/91 - 3/13/06
    the very special Danny, my first dog, a Dandie Dinmont Terrier 4/5/70 - 2/10/84
    the very special Paddy, the pug who was loved around the world, who my family had the pleasure and honor of loving for the last 3 years and 5 months 5/1/98 - 8/6/14

Quote Originally Posted by AmyR View Post
    Does it matter to you, what her nose roll looks like? Are you planning to show her?
    i find pronounced nose rolls visually pleasing so i would like it if hers developed fully, but it's not like i'm going to start disliking her if she doesn't develop one.

LilyFayre is offline Village Tea Pug

Quote Originally Posted by monodem View Post
    i find pronounced nose rolls visually pleasing so i would like it if hers developed fully, but it's not like i'm going to start disliking her if she doesn't develop one.
    Does it surprise you to learn that some owners have to pay for very costly veterinary surgery to reduce the size of the nose roll? In some cases this is because the roll is actually rubbing on the surface of their eyes with the potential to blind them. In other cases a large roll can cause breathing difficulties, let alone the risk of painful and costly infections in the wrinkle.

Fortunately for you, your little girl is unlikely to ever have these particular health issues. :)
    Suzie
    Bree, Xanthe and Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by LilyFayre View Post
    Does it surprise you to learn that some owners have to pay for very costly veterinary surgery to reduce the size of the nose roll? In some cases this is because the roll is actually rubbing on the surface of their eyes with the potential to blind them. In other cases a large roll can cause breathing difficulties, let alone the risk of painful and costly infections in the wrinkle.

Fortunately for you, your little girl is unlikely to ever have these particular health issues. :)
    i know that a prominent nose roll increases the risk of yeast infections, entropion, among other things; but the characteristics of the pug make it prone to a more than a handful of issues. if i had any trouble with the common issues of the breed i would've chosen another kind of dog.
    Last edited by monodem; 02-27-2018 at 05:01 PM.

GordonBrunoPugMom is offline Village Royalty

A picture is helpful. So the features probably stay about the same but the head still grows. I have not heard of anything to make the fold more pronounced its genetics. Best to ask is a show breeder. You must have fell in love matter what since you adopted the pup. Is this your 1 st pug ? When I look at my 1 st puppy pic and now he looks the same but more developed. My 2nd I still hope his head will grow a bid bigger. I feel he got a small head and still got puppy teeth at almost 9 month.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread