Advice / experience needed! Pug suddenly having episodes and dragging paws :/ - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Advice / experience needed! Pug suddenly having episodes and dragging paws :/

Lu Ci and Ri Ki is online now Village Ya-Ya

I will be praying for a correct diagnosis and that it is something treatable. I'm so sorry this has happened.
    GordonBrunoPugMom and W+D like this.
    We never touch people so lightly that we don't leave a trace.

GordonBrunoPugMom is offline Village Royalty

Quote Originally Posted by W+D View Post
    Fortunately the antibiotics seem to be working for both dogs. They were vaccinated before going in so the vet thinks that they didn't catch it too badly.

I'm looking in to other travel alternatives but haven't found one so far. Will have to work something out after a diagnosis. He will be checked and up to date before travel though.

Just hoping we get some answers tomorrow and it can be fixed and isn't fatal :/
    For now please don’t panic. Just look at the facts. The pups are happy and eating that is good . The vets will find out more tomorrow . As for travel you can make a back up plan but may not need it in the end.
    What are the requirements for dogs to enter the UK? I thought there used to be a quarantine?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    W+D likes this.

SiennasMommy is offline Village Royalty

So sorry you are having to go thru this. I hope you find a solution that will not have permanent effects.

Something happened at that kennel, but unless an employee talks (not likely for fear of their job), there is no way to prove anything. I don't trust anyone else with my babies.
    Sienna's Pictures and Bio - http://www.dogster.com/dogs/1302954 I love you, baby girl!

Help Lisa (6 Beautiful Pugs) and the senior pugs at the "Rusty Pug Retirement Ranch" through their Amazon Wish List http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wi.../104M0QBM5XSWW

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

W+D
    W+D is offline Village Mayor

Yea I will try to remain positive. Fingers crossed I get a diagnosis tomorrow.

They don't have to go in quarantine anymore but they have to be healthy enough to fly and also be up to date with vaccinations ect.

W+D

I hope so too!

I've spoken to the lady who owns the kennel and she denied any knowledge of hearing or seeing anything. I have questioned her on this because her website states that all dogs are 'constantly supervised at all times'.

No I don't either, especially now! Unfortunately we had to fly back to the UK for a funeral so had to leave them somewhere here.
    GordonBrunoPugMom likes this.

Wonka & Nilla is offline Village Dancing Jitterpug

I am so sorry your pug is having these issues. You've had good advice above so I will just add my best wishes and positive vibes for a diagnosis/treatment and for your pug to make a full recovery.
    GordonBrunoPugMom and W+D like this.
    Village Moderator

Mom to Miss Jelly Bean "Beanie" Licorice Pug
    Forever in our hearts:
    Miss Nilla Sassafras Pug August 17, 2002 to April 19, 2018
    And my Heart-Dog...
    Wonka the Dancing Pug, CGC, W-FD, W-TFD.
    Februrary 11, 2005 to May 10, 2020. Miss you, sweet boy!

puglover22 is offline Village Royalty

if it's monitored all the time, they probably have cameras. I would demand to see them and maybe even get a lawyer to back you up. He was hurt somehow and you need to find out how......
    I'm so very sorry and I hope he can be helped. A chiropractor might help too.....

Stephanie, pugmom to Louie Livewire, born 3/15/06
    and my 3 angels waiting at the bridge....
    the very special Junior, my pug angel who is doing agility at the rainbow bridge 11/22/91 - 3/13/06
    the very special Danny, my first dog, a Dandie Dinmont Terrier 4/5/70 - 2/10/84
    the very special Paddy, the pug who was loved around the world, who my family had the pleasure and honor of loving for the last 3 years and 5 months 5/1/98 - 8/6/14

SiennasMommy is offline Village Royalty

Yup
    Sienna's Pictures and Bio - http://www.dogster.com/dogs/1302954 I love you, baby girl!

Help Lisa (6 Beautiful Pugs) and the senior pugs at the "Rusty Pug Retirement Ranch" through their Amazon Wish List http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wi.../104M0QBM5XSWW

W+D

I don't think they have cameras. The lady who runs it has ignored my last email so I don't think I'm going to have any luck in finding out what happened to him.

The vet said Otitis is a possibility, but he is going for an MRI tomorrow to check his brain and spine. Hopefully it's nothing too serious.

Lu Ci and Ri Ki is online now Village Ya-Ya

Continued prayers for your boy.
    W+D likes this.
    We never touch people so lightly that we don't leave a trace.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast