Mites! Help! - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Mites! Help!

Pugcrazylady is offline Village Puppy

I have been putting coconut oil on her head and massaging it on her body but not sure whether it seemed to make much different. Where do I get neem oil from and how would I go about using lavender oil on her?
    I spoke with the vet yesterday as I have other dogs and obviously don't want them getting it to. All I got was keep a eye on your other dogs and bring them if you see anything!
    I'm sure they see in there eyes when I ring. We have nothing on us so I think it is the demodetic mites. But never the less I have washed everything, cleaned everywhere and don't let them go in one another's beds. I can't separate them as she gets really stressed with this and I don't want to upset her anymore then she is.

LilyFayre is offline Village Tea Pug

Think I probably tried every lotion, potion and dog shampoos known to man in my desperation when Xanthe wasn’t responding to the Vets treatment. I’d say that probably Leucillin (a non toxic, non sting antiseptic spray) provided the most soothing comfort. These days though I’d probably try colloidal silver spray to sooth irritation having discovered how effective it is on myself!

Seriously, just a week after giving her the Bravecto tablet there was a visible difference - the skin healing and fur growing back
    Last edited by LilyFayre; 04-21-2018 at 05:03 AM.
    Suzie
    Bree, Xanthe and Darwin

GordonBrunoPugMom is offline Village Royalty

Quote Originally Posted by Pugcrazylady View Post
    I have been putting coconut oil on her head and massaging it on her body but not sure whether it seemed to make much different. Where do I get neem oil from and how would I go about using lavender oil on her?
    I spoke with the vet yesterday as I have other dogs and obviously don't want them getting it to. All I got was keep a eye on your other dogs and bring them if you see anything!
    I'm sure they see in there eyes when I ring. We have nothing on us so I think it is the demodetic mites. But never the less I have washed everything, cleaned everywhere and don't let them go in one another's beds. I can't separate them as she gets really stressed with this and I don't want to upset her anymore then she is.
    Honest your vet sucks!
    Demodex its not contagious but all others the vet should tell you so you know. In the USA I go to a health food store to get the oils and colloidal silver. You can delete it in water a few ( I used very little 2 drops per spray bottle)drops . Lavender will also have a soothing effect and calm her anxiety. You can also mix it in to the coconut oil . I spray it on my own beds. The colloidal silver is awesome just like said above. I have a few different products. Its total save and can be used in many ways . There are some on UK Amazon. My store has a consultant and it made it easy to find the right products.
    Here is the neem spray I used
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ark-Natural...eem+spray+dogs

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by LilyFayre View Post
    Think I probably tried every lotion, potion and dog shampoos known to man in my desperation when Xanthe wasnt responding to the Vets treatment. Id say that probably Leucillin (a non toxic, non sting antiseptic spray) provided the most soothing comfort. These days though Id probably try colloidal silver spray to sooth irritation having discovered how effective it is on myself!

Seriously, just a week after giving her the Bravecto tablet there was a visible difference - the skin healing and fur growing back
    Poor baby . I am with you. I use BRAVECTO. When we had mites Bruno was to young to take it. I also love the colloidal silver do you use a specific product ? And do you add it to the water bowl?

I ordered some stuff called "stinky stuff" as I couldn't sleep and was googling trying to find other methods of treatment for mites.
    I will be ringing my vet Monday I will see how she is over weekend but will not be bathing again in that wash! All these chemicals can't be doing her any good and I don't want to end up with any secondary infections. I will ask for bravecto and if they say no then I will be seeking advice elsewhere and using another vets.
    Thanks for the link I've just ordered it, do you just spray that on the affected area?

Also thankyou again for everyone's advice!
    I adore my dogs and will spend what ever it takes to make them better but when you feel like your just lining vets pockets to no avail it's frustrating

LilyFayre is offline Village Tea Pug

This is how badly it had spread on Xanthe by the time I insisted that she had Bravecto. This photo was taken one week after she had the tablet where already the bumps were going down and new fur was starting to grow

Attachment 29929
    Suzie
    Bree, Xanthe and Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by Pugcrazylady View Post
    I ordered some stuff called "stinky stuff" as I couldn't sleep and was googling trying to find other methods of treatment for mites.
    I will be ringing my vet Monday I will see how she is over weekend but will not be bathing again in that wash! All these chemicals can't be doing her any good and I don't want to end up with any secondary infections. I will ask for bravecto and if they say no then I will be seeking advice elsewhere and using another vets.
    Thanks for the link I've just ordered it, do you just spray that on the affected area?
    You spray this all over for the mites . For the affected area you need something medicated. The colloidal silver will help there .

SiennasMommy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by LilyFayre View Post
    This is how badly it had spread on Xanthe by the time I insisted that she had Bravecto. This photo was taken one week after she had the tablet where already the bumps were going down and new fur was starting to grow

Attachment 29929
    Wow she had developed mange . There is some research on how resistant these mite buggers got over time.

Poor baby! That must of been really painful for her.
    I have ordered the spray that was in the link and just looking at the colloidal silver. Which by the looks I can get off amazon.
    This stinky stuff is suppose to be good for hair growth etc so I will try that if nothing else works.
    I've been taking photos of her head from the very start and it looks worse now then ever. But some say it will get worse before it gets better!! 😔😔
    GordonBrunoPugMom likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast