Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By Wonka & Nilla
  • 1 Post By Bugoneal
  • 2 Post By Loconn55
  • 1 Post By myboysRmylife

Thread: Emma’s night

Shannon C is offline Village VP

Default Emma’s night

So last night I woke around 4am and realized Emma peed on multiple spots on bed. And a lot. Ugh at loss at what to do. My plan tonight is to take her out literally 2 min before I bring her up to bed. Even this am I went to carry her downstairs to let her out and she peed all over me. I am hoping it’s due to fact she wouldn’t go for me much yesterday. I have to learn how to extract her urine. She’s been doing pretty well going about 3 times a day but yesterday was just an off day. Looks like I have to layer the bed with multiple pee pads 😞

Rugbysmom is offline Village Royalty

I'm so sorry.....is she doing pretty well otherwise? I only ask because things *could* be changing for her, but I hope not. I've never had to express bladders before, but I've heard there are really good videos to teach you how to do it, and I know Lisa could advise you......good luck, & I'm keeping you & Emma in my thoughts & prayers......
    Rugbysmom

Rugby 7/10/02 - 9/28/15 Miss you, little girl! You're always in my heart!

Molly DOB: 7/6/04

Wonka & Nilla is offline Village Dancing Jitterpug

So sorry that Emma (and you!) had a rough night. Is it possible that she has a UTI? I hope not, but I wanted to mention it just in case.
    Sending a gentle hug for Emma and best wishes for her to have a better day/night today.
    Lu Ci and Ri Ki and Rugbysmom like this.
    Village Moderator

Mom to Miss Jelly Bean "Beanie" Licorice Pug
    Forever in our hearts:
    Miss Nilla Sassafras Pug August 17, 2002 to April 19, 2018
    And my Heart-Dog...
    Wonka the Dancing Pug, CGC, W-FD, W-TFD.
    Februrary 11, 2005 to May 10, 2020. Miss you, sweet boy!

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

Bugoneal is offline Village Featherpug

I'd make sure she didn't have a UTI! That's what happens to my big girl. I can always tell because she pees the bed while she's sleeping - always the beginning of a UTI.
    Rugbysmom likes this.
    ~~mary - loved by Colbie the Vizsla Pug, plus many featherpugs! Remembering our heart pugs Bug and Sugar at the Rainbow Bridge with Sissy the Chihuahua Pug

I will see how it goes today. Otherwise she’s great loves her food and drinks her water. Loves being outside. Kills me though hate that she has trouble with legs

Loconn55 is offline Village Royalty

Sister started peeing in the house, and I thought it might be her increasing myelopathy (she's fecal incontinent now, and her back legs are pretty wobbly), but it was just a UTI, and after a round of antibios she's doing well, no more accidents. Hope Emma's doing better tonight.
    Lu Ci and Ri Ki and Rugbysmom like this.
    See Lisa's (6 Beautiful Pugs) 'wishlist' for her grumble at the Rusty Pug Retirement Ranch and help them out at:http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wi...ref=cm_sw_su_w

myboysRmylife is offline Village Admiral

You P.M.'d me about this in January. Do you still have my reply? I can re-send it if you like.
    Emma is over-spilling her bladder, and I'm afraid regular daily expression is the only answer. I waited far too long to get started, by which time Bruno was trailing urine everywhere... even though I was taking him outside. His bladder stretched and lost tone, making expression more difficult. He hasn't had a single accident in the two or so years I've been helping him.

Just catching the leaking urine won't really manage the problem and could potentially lead to more... bowel issues, UTIs and urine scald, to name a few.
    Lu Ci and Ri Ki likes this.

Yes so sorry I did get all messages of expressing bladder but I feel I don't have it right! I am going to continue doing videos to get it right! Usually I just go out and as soon as she squats I grab the legs to hold her and that is doing well. But I wonder if it is UTI she keeps falling and squatting today many accidents

thinking possible UTI...her pee seems cloudy to me

+ Reply to Thread