SHAVING / EAR INFECTION / Scratch
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: SHAVING / EAR INFECTION / Scratch

Doggobarry is offline Village Puppy

DefaultSHAVING / EAR INFECTION / Scratch

Hey everyone ,

Today I had to go into the vet for a blood test does anyone have any idea on how long hair takes to grow back after a small city for a blood sample etc see photo.,
    Also his ear is really sore the vet thinks it may be allergy has anyone else had this before they send the sample off it's very expensive and I'm worried but also might be simple ear infection
    Than you guys
    Attached Images Attached Images

Pic1
    Attached Images Attached Images

GordonBrunoPugMom is offline Village Royalty

Ear infections can have different causes. Repeated ear infections are often allergies. My Gordon has a lot of hair growing in his ear what builds up wax and he needs a medicated ear wash once a week.
    Hair grows back quick in Pugs but it may depend on each individual dog .
    Pictures did not show up .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Wonka & Nilla likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

Rugbysmom is offline Village Royalty

I couldn't see pictures either. Please keep us posted on what you find out from the vet.
    Rugbysmom

Rugby 7/10/02 - 9/28/15 Miss you, little girl! You're always in my heart!

Molly DOB: 7/6/04

Thanks for replying both , the vet wanted to take a blood sample anyway so going to pay for that and see what it is hoping it's not to expensive but hes worth it all I've tried putting the photos back up but its not seeming to work

Nina_W is offline Village Story Teller

It can take absolute ages for the fur to grow back, months and months. Don't worry too much about it :)

GordonBrunoPugMom is offline Village Royalty

DefaultSHAVING / EAR INFECTION / Scratch

I use an app Tapatalk on my iPad it makes it super easy to post pictures.
    Here is everything you need to know about posting https://www.pugvillage.com/forum/how...ff-pugvillage/
    Hopefully the ear infection is isolated and all is good in no time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wonka & Nilla is offline Village Dancing Jitterpug

The amount of time for the fur to grow back can vary from pug to pug.

If the ear is infected, the vet should be able to determine that from a simple swab of the ear and then looking at the swab results under a microscope. The vet would then prescribe an antibiotic. If your vet checked the ear, swabbed it and didn't see any thing, that is probably why they are guessing its allergies instead. Allergies are a fairly common issue. Pugs can be allergic to just about anything and it can be difficult to pinpoint the issues. For some it's a food source (such as chicken or corn), for others it's environmental (such as pollen or grass, or a cleaning product). I hope your vet is able to give you more information so you can get your boy the help he needs to feel better soon.
    Last edited by Wonka & Nilla; 09-24-2018 at 10:21 AM.
    Lu Ci and Ri Ki likes this.
    Village Moderator

Mom to
    Wonka the Dancing Pug, CGC, W-FD, W-TFD
    and introducing... Miss Jelly Bean "Beanie" Licorice Pug
    Forever in our hearts:
    Miss Nilla Sassafras Pug August 17, 2002 to April 19, 2018

MDeMots is offline Village Mayor

I know the blood tests are expensive, but they can also sometimes help the vet determine the best medicine or course of treatment for the dog. It's frustrating, I know. I feel like it costs $200 just to walk into the vet in my area these days. Please let us know what you find out, and what the vet recommends.

As other posters mention, my older girl Cocoa had a lot of ear issues due to wax. Trying to clean the wax out often just pushed it further into the ear canal. So, I pay the vet to remove it with these special gentle tong things, and then Cocoa has a medicated ear wash that, when used over time, tends to dissolve and soften the wax so that it drips out and drains on its own rather than build up. If I remember correctly, that product is called Mometamax and I love it. Allergies were also posited as a source of this dog's ear problems, but that vet has been proven wrong and I am now at a new vet. We were told seasonal allergies, vice food, were the culprit. That was not true. With regular ear cleaning, Cocoa is scratch free.

One thing to mention - if Cocoa gets even a drip of water in her ears, she gets an ear infection full on. Biscuit? (he's the puppy) has fallen in the pond twice, runs through the sprinkler on the daily, and has darn near had a bath every day because he gets muddy.....not one infection so far (knock on wood!) These two dogs could not be more different!
    "Whoever said diamonds are a girl's best friend never owned a pug."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast