Wonka's vet visit
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: Wonka's vet visit

Wonka & Nilla is offline Village Dancing Jitterpug

DefaultWonka's vet visit

Wonka’s vet appointment today went pretty well. His heart and lungs sounded good, ears looked good. They took blood and we’ll get those results in a day or two. They took x-rays and his trachea looks GREAT now – nice and wide open.

However, there is some possibly scary news.... the vet thought it might possibly look like he had some large crystals or small stones in his bladder on the x-ray! Eeek! She said it may just be the x-ray and may be nothing, but without more tests it was hard to say for certain. He hasn’t had any change in peeing – no reluctance to go or need to go more often than usual. His bladder was mostly empty on the x-ray, but Vet wanted some urine to look at. We tried, but he had already peed before we went into the vet (of course) so we couldn’t get him to go again to have a sample to check. He just wanted to sniff everything, but wouldn’t pee. But when we got home, he eagerly went out and peed because he knows that he does that before he gets dinner! Ugh! I have urine test strips at home and so I used one of those and nothing indicated an infection or blood... but we still need to take a sample in to the vet sometime soon. I really hope he doesn’t have stones because a bladder surgery would be too risky for him. So our vet visit had some great news and also some potentially scary news. Hopefully the urine test will show that all is ok. Vet also mentioned maybe getting a bladder xray and ultrasound when he has a full bladder.

Vet said the shivering/trembling that he had yesterday is most likely due to him coming off of the Stano that we are weaning him off from and that’s making him feel shaky (though he is MUCH better today, not shivering).... but now I’m wondering if he might have been passing a stone and had pain from that?! Ouch! We’ve had two male pets (1 cat, 1 dog) before with ureter stones that ended up needing emergency surgery and that is NOT something I want to go through again.

I'll update when I get the blood panel results back. Hopefully everything looks good on that. Fingers and paws crossed!

In the meantime, here's a couple of pics of Wonka, chilling at the Vet office today!

"Did you get my good side?"
    Village Moderator

Mom to
    Wonka the Dancing Pug, CGC, W-FD, W-TFD
    and introducing... Miss Jelly Bean "Beanie" Licorice Pug
    Forever in our hearts:
    Miss Nilla Sassafras Pug August 17, 2002 to April 19, 2018

gemayer is offline Village Princess Puggy Pants

Great news for a handsome fella.
    Wonka & Nilla likes this.
    22 years of love at rainbow bridge Gracie and Jon Jon, now joined by Macie my heart pug for 14 years.

shaynapug is offline True Village Royalty

WOW!!!!!!!That's so exciting!!!!!!

What was his PH on the strip? Hoping that what was seen was nothing!!!! If stuvite crystals seen...can deal with those with diet!!!! Seeing it being NOTHING that bothers him..no matter what they are!!! Many dogs live with stones for YEARS!
    Diane
    Shayna Pugs
    http://www.midmichiganpugclub.com
    Chairperson of PDCA Rescue Committee

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

GordonBrunoPugMom is offline Village Royalty

All his sides are good to me .
    Looking forward to next hopefully all good blood results.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lu Ci and Ri Ki is offline Village Ya-Ya

Very good news about Wonka's heart, lungs, ears and trachea. I will be praying for good results on the blood and urine tests. Wonka, you are a handsome and distinguished Puggie boy.
    We never touch people so lightly that we don't leave a trace.

Tuck and Ag's Mom is offline Village Admiral

I’m happy to hear about mostly positives on Wonka, as for the possible crystals/stones would it be better to have them do a sterile urine culture (cystosentesis) so you can get a better idea of what’s going on? Another lesson we learned with Lolli was that if they turned her (standing to laying on her back) when they did the ultrasound they could see the hidden crystals float down.
    Please tell Wonka I think he is the most handsome distinguished older gentleman pug.
    Nancy
    Mom to Lolli and Murphy
    Forever in my heart Aggie, Tucker and Frank

Suri is offline Village Secret Super-Star

Great news, and as Diane said certain crystals can be controlled by diet, and Scruffy had a crystal and after putting her on a prescription diet for a short while it did dissolve, but I so hope he doesn't have anything else to trouble him.
    Susan, mom to Scruffy, Bo and Maggie Mae

Honoring Jenny, Trooper, Kaja,Muff, and Pepper

Tinker's mom is offline Village Royalty

Great news about his heart, lungs and trachea. Prayers he doesn't have stones. He is such a handsome man!
    Jackie,Mom to Robbie & Stacy my human children and Tinker my furkid.

HeidiHoog is offline Village Admiral

Oh! I'm so happy for the great news concerning his heart, lungs and trachea! Yay! As for the possibility of stones, I hope it is nothing or can be easily managed. Will be waiting for the blood results. Hope those are great too! Wonka is so handsome. I also think all his sides look great!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Bugoneal is offline Village Featherpug

Basically a great Vet visit!! Wonka you are such a handsome boy
    ~~mary - loved by Colbie the Vizsla Pug, plus many featherpugs! Remembering our heart pugs Bug and Sugar at the Rainbow Bridge with Sissy the Chihuahua Pug

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast