I can't catch a break....now Stalin is peeing blood - Page 5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: I can't catch a break....now Stalin is peeing blood

Krystal is offline Village Governor

Well he had his US with his internist today. He does not have urethral or prostate cancer! He DOES have a couple bladder stones. There may be a couple in his kidney as well, or it could just be normal signs of aging. She couldn't quite tell.

So she did another urinalysis and we'll talk about the next step for stones. They're not huge, but could possibly obstruct, or could pass on their own.

BUT, she found a nodule on his spleen. It's 1cm, not a mass at this point. It's pushing on the capsule that surrounds his spleen which makes her more concerned since it raises the chance of a bleed.

She said it could be cancer, but it's more likely not and I shouldn't worry too much. Next step could be an aspirate, but that does not rule out the most common hemangiosarcoma. We could monitor it. Could also remove his spleen. I'll be hearing from her next week with urine results and I can have some time to think about what I want to do. My first reaction is just get it out! But I also hate to put him through such a major surgery and anesthesia event if that's not what she would recommend. Trying not to worry too much, but I can't help it!

Just one thing after another, I can't just get a clear report
    http://i.imgur.com/SqiL4bLs.jpg
    SN PTE U-AGII Stalin von Frederic NJP, NAP, CL2, TG1
    UKC Agility High-In-Trial, UKC Nosework High-In-Trial, CGC

shaynapug is offline True Village Royalty

Quote Originally Posted by Krystal View Post
    Well he had his US with his internist today. He does not have urethral or prostate cancer! He DOES have a couple bladder stones. There may be a couple in his kidney as well, or it could just be normal signs of aging. She couldn't quite tell.

So she did another urinalysis and we'll talk about the next step for stones. They're not huge, but could possibly obstruct, or could pass on their own.

BUT, she found a nodule on his spleen. It's 1cm, not a mass at this point. It's pushing on the capsule that surrounds his spleen which makes her more concerned since it raises the chance of a bleed.

She said it could be cancer, but it's more likely not and I shouldn't worry too much. Next step could be an aspirate, but that does not rule out the most common hemangiosarcoma. We could monitor it. Could also remove his spleen. I'll be hearing from her next week with urine results and I can have some time to think about what I want to do. My first reaction is just get it out! But I also hate to put him through such a major surgery and anesthesia event if that's not what she would recommend. Trying not to worry too much, but I can't help it!

Just one thing after another, I can't just get a clear report
    I totally understand.....
    I'd wait to hear what the vet says....and if you have any questions...talk with the vet you usually go to or get another opinion!

Seeing good results!
    Lu Ci and Ri Ki and Rugbysmom like this.
    Diane
    Shayna Pugs
    http://www.midmichiganpugclub.com
    Chairperson of PDCA Rescue Committee

Rugbysmom is offline Village Royalty

Well the no bladder or prostate cancer sounds great, for sure! Hopefully the rest will work out well, also! Keep us posted! We're all keeping you & Stalin in our thoughts & prayers!
    Rugbysmom

Rugby 7/10/02 - 9/28/15 Miss you, little girl! You're always in my heart!

Molly DOB: 7/6/04

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

Lu Ci and Ri Ki is offline Village Ya-Ya

Good update and so happy for the no cancer. Will still keep you and Stalin in my prayers.
    We never touch people so lightly that we don't leave a trace.

GordonBrunoPugMom is offline Village Royalty

This is the hardest thing ....WAIT
    Waiting for an answer on anything is hard but when it is for a potential major surgery even more difficult. It will be on your mind and you keep wondering what you will decide . Even so without all the facts an informed decision can not be made . Hopefully they got an answer sooner than later.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wonka & Nilla is offline Village Dancing Jitterpug

No urethral or prostate cancer is good news! I hope you can get more answers and information soon. The waiting is the hardest part.
    Lu Ci and Ri Ki likes this.
    Village Moderator

Mom to
    Wonka the Dancing Pug, CGC, W-FD, W-TFD
    and introducing... Miss Jelly Bean "Beanie" Licorice Pug
    Forever in our hearts:
    Miss Nilla Sassafras Pug August 17, 2002 to April 19, 2018

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345