Black junk in his ear - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Black junk in his ear

Mathew Symss is offline New to the Village

so a small update, i took some wet cotton and kind of wiped the black stuff. turns out it was just coagulated old blood. so i tried to remove as much as i could, and i called my vet and he said that a visit wasn't necessary as it was just coagulated blood. but he did tell me to keep and eye on it as it may evolve into an infection. in the unfortunate event that it does become an infection, then ear drops would be the next course of action

Tinker's mom is offline Village Royalty

Hello & to the village! Definitely keep an eye on him. If he's shaking his head or scratching at his head it's probably his ears. Where did the blood come from?
    Jackie,Mom to Robbie & Stacy my human children and Tinker my furkid.

Snifter is offline Moderator/Village Merchant

Monitor him carefully. The blood has to have come from somewhere. If he caused it by scratching his ears then you need to get to the bottom of what is making him do that. If he did not cause it, then that still begs the question of what caused the blood to be in there.

Many pugs have narrow ear canals and wax and gunk can build up in there, causing irritation and/or infection. Even if you don't feel the need to go the vet right now I would definitely ask the vet to have a look in the ears next time you have to go for any other reason.

Bella, mummy to Snifter and Toddy!

http://avrilmunson.wordpress.com

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

GordonBrunoPugMom is offline Village Royalty

I always go to the vet paranoid as I am . I go just if my guys sleep more than usual lol my vet office is 1 hour drive . But they happy to see us and snuggle up on my Bruno when we come everytime

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    shaynapug, HeidiHoog and Tonkasmom like this.

PenguinsFan1 is offline Village Puppy

Quote Originally Posted by Mathew Symss View Post
    hi, i have a puggie named biscuit(long story). So basically he's 7 years old. So recently I've noticed this black junk in his ear, and it's just not on the outside, it goes deep inside.And it's chunky, for a week or two he's been scratching it so idk if it's dried up blood. Anyway this Saturday I'll be taking him to my usual vet, just wanted some advice from expert pug owners🤣. Kindly help me out please. Thank u for ur time. Have a lovely day/evening/night
    Hello if you’re Pug is scratching his ears or rubbing his head/ears on the floor then he probably has a yeast infection. I get confused because what I think might be yeast or mites is just wax. You won’t hurt him you can use tips with mineral oil on it or cotton balls. I also like to use the little round make up pads. Also uscented baby wipes are good. He might have to get on an antibiotic ointment or drops. Make sure you pull up on the ear flap so the medication can get deep inside. You can also put a little on your finger and rub it on the inside of the flap. Massage the medication into the ear canal from the outside. I actually use what is called Mal A Ket ketoconazole wipes. I also use those in my Pugs creases. You can also get ear cleaner OTC from a Pet shop or your Vet. If I have antibiotic solution. I put some drops in here and there as a maintenance even if they don’t have an infection. Make sure you follow the verbal directions from your vet and what is written on the labeling. BOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12