My pug is acting very strange and it's breaking my heart! - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: My pug is acting very strange and it's breaking my heart!

HeidiHoog is offline Village Admiral

Welcome to the village!! I hope things get better soon. Please update us.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

GordonBrunoPugMom is offline Village Royalty

DefaultMy pug is acting very strange and it's breaking my heart!

What did the ER say or do ?
    How old is your girl?

Did something happen perhaps outdoors ?
    Could she got into something she ate ?

I moved to KY recently. A lot of allergies here , my little one started eating the acorns in my yard he can not go unsupervised. Any other changes like stairs ? We got tons of deer in my neighborhood who transmit ilness .

There is something unpleasant she associated with you . Not you personally but perhaps she got hurt while you picked her up etc . Is she a rescue? Maybe something she got reminded off ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by GordonBrunoPugMom; 02-16-2020 at 07:57 AM.
    Tuck and Ag's Mom likes this.

PenguinsFan1 is offline Village Puppy

Quote Originally Posted by tarynlandon View Post
    Hello Pug Village,

First time poster, but this forum was highly recommended.

My sweet pug, Lulu Bizkit, has been with me for almost 5 years. She is a rescue from Austin, TX. We recently moved back to my home state of Kentucky and the past couple of days, she has been acting very strange.

It was almost like a blink of an eye. She was being her sweet and bossy self and trying to steal our dinner and doing her pug spins and within an hour, she was crouching in a corner, starting at us blankly, and acting like she was so scared to be around us.

It's been about 3 days and it's getting better, but she is still acting like she is so upset with me. She won't be around me. She won't come get bites from me (and believe me, this girl loves to eat) and she won't lay on my side of the bed. And if I call her, she runs to go sit under the kitchen table. It's killing me.

She is having no problems with eating, drinking, or bathroom trips. That is all fine and normal. It's almost like she is super upset with me. Maybe even depressed.

Let me also add that on the day she got upset (3 days ago), I ended up in the ER the next morning. I know that may not mean a thing, but I wanted to throw that out there.

We have also moved from Texas to Kentucky, moved into a new house, moved in with my boyfriend, and I also have had to do some traveling in the past 4 weeks as well. We keep her scheduled as normal as possible and give her all the love in the world, but her location and scenery has changed. There is also a new person, who loves her just as much as I do, in her life.

Like I said, it's a bit better today, but case and point, I am typing this in bed, and she is way in the kitchen. This would have never happened. She would have been glued to me and snoring right next me.

Any help here, Pug Village? It's breaking my heart.

Thanks for any help!
    Hello. I agree with our other PVers and get her checked out at the vet. Also make sure she is in the same food. Same food schedule and snacks. Hopefully you didn’t change her brand of food and snacks. See if she is chewing at her paws, rubbing her face into the carpet. Sneezing. The change in the environment. Or allergies. Can do that. Nerves. Try 1/2 a Benadryl every 12 hours. Your vet could put her on Apaquil (sp). Check all over her for ticks. Check and see if her creases and ear canals are not infected. Make sure her toys are always available. I hope these suggestions help both of you. Please keep us posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

Tinker's mom is offline Village Royalty

Hello & to the village! You have already been given great advice, I hope you have an answer soon. Glad to have you here.
    Jackie,Mom to Robbie & Stacy my human children and Tinker my furkid.

PenguinsFan1 is offline Village Puppy

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker's mom View Post
    Hello & to the village! You have already been given great advice, I hope you have an answer soon. Glad to have you here.
    Hi TM no problem at all I know I threw allot at you but with dogs especially Pugs you never know. Take care!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tarynlandon is offline New to the Village

Hello Pug Village!

First and foremost, thank you all so very much, from the bottom of my heart, for your great advice and outreach. I can't thank you enough!

And great news! Lulu Bizkit is feeling so much better! Back to her sassy and bossy self, which we love so much. We are still keep a close eye on her and making sure she is on her old schedule, her same food and treats, and have added in a daily dose of Glucosamine for mobility support and watching her allergies. We came from a very tropical climate in Texas to allergy city here in Louisville, KY, and with the combo of the moving and new surroundings and things, and with myself being extremely sick last week, we think it just took a toll on her too. We have also made an appointment with a local vet, just as a precaution, and to also establish a go-to place in our new home.

Thank you all again so much!

PS - I haven't got to do much research yet, but are there pug rescue groups in the Louisville, or even Ohio/Indiana area? Lulu is from the Pug Rescue of Austin, TX and we would love to volunteer at events or help in any way.

Thanks again, PV!

Wonka & Nilla is offline Village Dancing Jitterpug

I'm so glad she is feeling better! Thank you for the update.
    Here is an older list of pug rescues: https://www.pugvillage.com/forum/pug...g-rescues.html
    It might be out of date, but it's a starting place.
    Lu Ci and Ri Ki likes this.
    Village Moderator

Mom to
    Wonka the Dancing Pug, CGC, W-FD, W-TFD
    and introducing... Miss Jelly Bean "Beanie" Licorice Pug
    Forever in our hearts:
    Miss Nilla Sassafras Pug August 17, 2002 to April 19, 2018

shaynapug is offline True Village Royalty

Quote Originally Posted by tarynlandon View Post
    Hello Pug Village!

First and foremost, thank you all so very much, from the bottom of my heart, for your great advice and outreach. I can't thank you enough!

And great news! Lulu Bizkit is feeling so much better! Back to her sassy and bossy self, which we love so much. We are still keep a close eye on her and making sure she is on her old schedule, her same food and treats, and have added in a daily dose of Glucosamine for mobility support and watching her allergies. We came from a very tropical climate in Texas to allergy city here in Louisville, KY, and with the combo of the moving and new surroundings and things, and with myself being extremely sick last week, we think it just took a toll on her too. We have also made an appointment with a local vet, just as a precaution, and to also establish a go-to place in our new home.

Thank you all again so much!

PS - I haven't got to do much research yet, but are there pug rescue groups in the Louisville, or even Ohio/Indiana area? Lulu is from the Pug Rescue of Austin, TX and we would love to volunteer at events or help in any way.

Thanks again, PV!
    Kentuckiana Pug Rescue is FANTASTIC!!!!!
    Diane
    Shayna Pugs
    http://www.midmichiganpugclub.com
    Chairperson of PDCA Rescue Committee

Lu Ci and Ri Ki is offline Village Ya-Ya

Thank you so much for the update. I'm so glad to hear Lulu Bizkit is doing better. Puggies really have a sensitive nature and it just took her a little while to adjust to everything.
    SiennasMommy likes this.
    We never touch people so lightly that we don't leave a trace.

Shannon C is offline Village VP

Wow great news things are looking up!! Please keep up the updates!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast