My pug is acting very strange and it's breaking my heart!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: My pug is acting very strange and it's breaking my heart!

tarynlandon is offline New to the Village

DefaultMy pug is acting very strange and it's breaking my heart!

Hello Pug Village,

First time poster, but this forum was highly recommended.

My sweet pug, Lulu Bizkit, has been with me for almost 5 years. She is a rescue from Austin, TX. We recently moved back to my home state of Kentucky and the past couple of days, she has been acting very strange.

It was almost like a blink of an eye. She was being her sweet and bossy self and trying to steal our dinner and doing her pug spins and within an hour, she was crouching in a corner, starting at us blankly, and acting like she was so scared to be around us.

It's been about 3 days and it's getting better, but she is still acting like she is so upset with me. She won't be around me. She won't come get bites from me (and believe me, this girl loves to eat) and she won't lay on my side of the bed. And if I call her, she runs to go sit under the kitchen table. It's killing me.

She is having no problems with eating, drinking, or bathroom trips. That is all fine and normal. It's almost like she is super upset with me. Maybe even depressed.

Let me also add that on the day she got upset (3 days ago), I ended up in the ER the next morning. I know that may not mean a thing, but I wanted to throw that out there.

We have also moved from Texas to Kentucky, moved into a new house, moved in with my boyfriend, and I also have had to do some traveling in the past 4 weeks as well. We keep her scheduled as normal as possible and give her all the love in the world, but her location and scenery has changed. There is also a new person, who loves her just as much as I do, in her life.

Like I said, it's a bit better today, but case and point, I am typing this in bed, and she is way in the kitchen. This would have never happened. She would have been glued to me and snoring right next me.

Any help here, Pug Village? It's breaking my heart.

Thanks for any help!

staticjess is offline Village Governor

Welcome! Glad you have found us. It seems to me she’s probably in pain somehow. Maybe belly or back. Does she keep herself hunched at all? I would really get her to the vet. It just really sounds like a pain issue, something is bothering her. Sorry, not much help. But please keep us posted.
    tall grass pugs and Rugbysmom like this.

Thank you for the reply and concern!

No hunching at all. She did wince a little around her neck area a couple of times. But, it's been few and far between. She is having no problems moving around and getting into her bed. She also acts like her ol' sweet and sassy self around my bf. It seems to be directed to me. I am so lost as to why.

Thanks again! Will keep you all posted.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

shaynapug is offline True Village Royalty

I'd take her to the vet just to have her checked over! It's a good idea since you're in a new place and then your baby will have a record there and you have a place to go when really needed!~

She might be angry with you for leaving her in a strange place with a strange person!!! If so, hopefully she'll get over it!!!

Give her time....lots of special treats! Maybe take her out with you sometimes when you go a place you can take her!! Also...maybe give her a really special treat when you come home from a trip that she can associate with your being gone and coming back to her!
    Diane
    Shayna Pugs
    http://www.midmichiganpugclub.com
    Chairperson of PDCA Rescue Committee

Wonka & Nilla is offline Village Dancing Jitterpug

I can imagine how scary and stressful this would be. I would be really worried if one of my pugs did this.
    I agree that a vet visit is a good idea. Sometimes dog hide pain really well and this may be her way of trying to show you that she's hurting somewhere. She puts on a strong face for the BF, since he's "new," but with you she is letting her guard down and showing the pain more. My other thought is that she is just so confused about the new surroundings. How long ago did you move compared to when she started acting differently? Did you just move last week and then this started?
    I wish I had more suggestions for you and a way to help. I do think a vet visit is a good idea, even if it's just to rule out pain as the cause. Wishing you and Lulu all the best.
    Village Moderator

Mom to
    Wonka the Dancing Pug, CGC, W-FD, W-TFD
    and introducing... Miss Jelly Bean "Beanie" Licorice Pug
    Forever in our hearts:
    Miss Nilla Sassafras Pug August 17, 2002 to April 19, 2018

Thank you so much for the suggestions and support! I am taking her everywhere with me that she can go, special outside trips to our dog park, and anything I can do to show her she is still my #1 pug gal! I love her with my whole heart.

Thank you again for the thoughtful reply!

I agree too that is a vet visit is a great idea, just in case. We had a great vet in Texas and establishing one here is a great idea.

We have been here since right after the new year. I did have to go back to Texas for a week though recently and she had to stay here with him, which of course he took fantastic care of her.

It was just so strange. We have been in this place for several weeks. And on Tuesday night, she was just her loving and sassy self and then all of the sudden, it was like, she was so upset. And she didn't fall, she didn't hit her head, she was right next to us. Then we go to bed and she is hiding in a corner, not wanting to lay down or be next to me. I am just so confused.

Thanks again for the nice reply!

Lu Ci and Ri Ki is offline Village Ya-Ya

Hello and to PugVillage. Glad you have joined us. I agree with the others that a Vet visit would be a good idea. You would think that if she is upset about the move that she would have reacted sooner. Your a good Pug Mom to be concerned and I hope you will update us with how she is doing and what you find out.
    We never touch people so lightly that we don't leave a trace.

tall grass pugs is offline Village Orb Weaver Advocate

please let us know how you are doing
    Rugbysmom likes this.

SiennasMommy is offline Village Royalty

Welcome to the Village!

Agree with the vet visit advise. After the vet visit, I would spend a lot of one-on-one time, just you and her.

Keep us posted on how you and Lulu are doing.
    Lu Ci and Ri Ki likes this.
    Sienna's Pictures and Bio - http://www.dogster.com/dogs/1302954 I love you, baby girl!

Help Lisa (6 Beautiful Pugs) and the senior pugs at the "Rusty Pug Retirement Ranch" through their Amazon Wish List http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wi.../104M0QBM5XSWW

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast