Bitch in season Leaking..Advice needed tia
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By shaynapug

Thread: Bitch in season Leaking..Advice needed tia

marcelle28 is offline Village Puppy

DefaultBitch in season Leaking..Advice needed tia

Hi
    I have a 4 year and 7 month old bitch just come into season yesterday..Darcy went to bed last night and woke up in the middle of the night to go to the toilet ..Very rare she does this ..I noticed on the bedding was a wet patch ..She is obviously leaking urine ..It did not smell..I will possibly be breeding her in 10 days time ..Should i be concerned with this wet patch / Is it hormone related ? r poor bladder control due to weak muscles ..She is eating drinking walking ..Not showing signs of distress at all ..Would this interfere in pregnancy ? TIA

Rugbysmom is offline Village Royalty

Is she licking herself a lot? Could it possibly be saliva instead?
    Rugbysmom

Rugby 7/10/02 - 9/28/15 Miss you, little girl! You're always in my heart!

Molly DOB: 7/6/04

shaynapug is offline True Village Royalty

I have been breeding pugs for 30 yrs.

It doesn't seem to me that you have done your homework about breeding pugs. It is not the same as breeding most dogs.

Are you ready to devote at least 2 wks of 24/7 care??? Ready for a csection if needed.....keeping pups until at least 10=12 wks...and doing shots and worming? Are you ready to go into the hole for having these pups???? In 30 years, I have only made a little money on one litter due to having a large litter. Do you have homes for the puppies/ Have the dog and bitch been tested .... Are you ready to take back pups at any time in their lives...for any reason? You're responsible for life!

I would at the very least take her to the vet to see what is going on........and talk to the vet about breeding your bitch. Is she a good example of the breed???? Should she be bred at all????
    Diane
    Shayna Pugs
    http://www.midmichiganpugclub.com
    Chairperson of PDCA Rescue Committee

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

marcelle28 is offline Village Puppy

Hi Diane Thankyou so much for your concern

First of all i have the money to cover any problematic eventualities during breeding ...Also im not a chancer....I love Darcy very very much...She is fit and well and beautiful ..By looking at previous posts of mine you can see how much i love her ,otherwise i would not ask for advice on here..I would just go ahead...Also Diane you must of started somewhere ,and i gues you would of like encouragement and advice...I live in the UK So i am not edging on to your territory.....Kindest Regards ..I am a 56 year old adult by the way not a idiot out to make a few quid

shaynapug is offline True Village Royalty

I wish you well....

Oh....and you're not "edging on to my territory" as I'm retired from the breeding end of Pugs!
    Diane
    Shayna Pugs
    http://www.midmichiganpugclub.com
    Chairperson of PDCA Rescue Committee

AmyR is offline Village Ninja Pug

I wish your pug well.....
    Amy
    ~ Will's mum and servant!
    And now mummy to puppy Charlie too! Who said pugs are addictive?! :)

GordonBrunoPugMom is offline Village Royalty

I don’t know anything about breeding Pugs my suggestion is talk to your vet and find a responsible Breeder in your area to answer your question and help you through your decisions. The vet needs to be aware and on call in an emergency event . Many Pugs end up with c section. But a vet will answer many questions . The question you got know could be answered by just a call in to the office.
    Best place to meet Breeders is at the Breed Club or local shows even sometimes at dog schools .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread