If your Pug has to go he goes......right
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: If your Pug has to go he goes......right

Bustersmom is offline Village Governor

DefaultIf your Pug has to go he goes......right

If not then he doesn't? Odie is now 2yrs old. He has had great potty habits until recently, we have racked our brains for any changes but can't come up with any to explain. He goes out three times a day, morning, noon, early evening with no issues what so ever. His final potty is right before bedtime around 8:45 or 9. For the last several weeks, nothing. He always would pee and then go to his crate. Now we march around back yard for what seems like hours (isn't of course) and finally he looks at me like hey I don't have to go. I am so not happy about this-he does not wake up during the night, or ask to go out and is not desperate when he gets up at 5am to rush out, I just do not like the idea that he does not go after 5pm and that is way too long for a dog to hold it in my opinion.........or is it?? I feel like I am asking for bladder or infections of some sort..... Any thoughts are appreciated. Oh I should add his activity level after his walk at 5pm is pretty limited and ends up sleeping on the couch with hubby til I get him to go out.

GordonBrunoPugMom is offline Village Royalty

2 years old yeah about right .
    You could take him for a short walk to pee on new things ? I believe he is just maturing . My Gordon is such a fiddler he takes forever . I am lucky I got Bruno I show and point and say got pee there and he does . Gordon has to pee on top of his always !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Bugoneal likes this.

So you don't think its awful for him to hold for so long? You are lucky with your guys! I have thought about a short walk, but this time of year so very dark and not well lit where we live and I am reluctant to "walk". At the same time, I would hope at 2 he would go "wherever". That look he give me is something, and of course I am aggravated cause its 32 degrees and 35 mph winds tonight, which does not help my severe lack of patience! ha!
    Lu Ci and Ri Ki likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

Wonka & Nilla is offline Village Dancing Jitterpug

Could you try adding something "new" to pee on? My Wonka loves to pee on anything new and different in the yard, such as a block of wood or a traffic cone. Just a thought!

If this were my pug, my concern would be that he might be going somewhere in the house that I just haven't found yet! I hope that is not the case!
    Village Moderator

Mom to
    Wonka the Dancing Pug, CGC, W-FD, W-TFD
    and introducing... Miss Jelly Bean "Beanie" Licorice Pug
    Forever in our hearts:
    Miss Nilla Sassafras Pug August 17, 2002 to April 19, 2018

Oh yes we bought a ceramic frog on sale and pile little leave piles for Gordon .
    We go outside Front door just at night . My husband uses one of those head lights and really does not take them far just a few meters to the night potty spot . Once the weather is better teach him to pee on command. Gordon and Bruno know they cant come in until they peed . Bruno often fakes it and does a quick leg lift thinking I have not noticed no pee came out ..
    Its a Pug thing . Bruno also can never desides which leg to left you see him dancing and switching sides 10 or so times until he is ready . I might take a video tomorrow it is to funny.
    It is a Pug thing I bet we are by far not the only once!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by GordonBrunoPugMom; 03-14-2020 at 08:23 AM.

Oh that is so funny and Odie tries to pull that as well as If I would not notice! ha!
    GordonBrunoPugMom likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bustersmom View Post
    Oh that is so funny and Odie tries to pull that as well as If I would not notice! ha!
    That confirms even more he is an adult now and typical Pug . They are so smart and you gotta be a step ahead .

HeidiHoog is offline Village Admiral

Otis does the same thing! He tries to fake it bc he knows mom isn't letting him in until he pees. He gets away with it with my husband bc he will not wait and make him go. He will do the quick leg lifts and try to get away with it. To funny.
    Otis is also 2 and he can hold it quite awhile. His last potty time is 7pm and on the weekends he will wait to go out till about 7:30am and he is in no rush.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Lu Ci and Ri Ki likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HeidiHoog View Post
    Otis does the same thing! He tries to fake it bc he knows mom isn't letting him in until he pees. He gets away with it with my husband bc he will not wait and make him go. He will do the quick leg lifts and try to get away with it. To funny.
    Otis is also 2 and he can hold it quite awhile. His last potty time is 7pm and on the weekends he will wait to go out till about 7:30am and he is in no rush.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    LUCKY my husband is the 1st and last potty enforcer. He got them on 5 am and 10.30 pm

Lu Ci and Ri Ki and HeidiHoog like this.

ChristinePugMom is offline Village Royalty

Both boys know that last pee of the night means a treat of cheese for Buddy D and carrots for Elvis. Elvis will run out and right back in before the storm door shuts if we don't watch him, he is so excited for the carrot that peeing is not important.
    Lu Ci and Ri Ki and HeidiHoog like this.
    Mom to Elvis and Buddy

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast