Sienna hurt her leg
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Sienna hurt her leg

SiennasMommy is offline Village Royalty

Default Sienna hurt her leg

We don't let Sienna go up and down stairs anymore...haven't in a long time. She was sleeping and my hubby picked her up off of the couch to take her outside. She wasn't fully awake and when he set her down to get a better pick up hold, her front leg collapsed underneath her. She has a real bad limp. Was hoping she would be better today, but unfortunately. If she's not better in a day or two, she's going to the vet. I don't think she pulled a ligament and I'm positive there's no break.

My hubby says that she should be using the leg as I'm carrying her everywhere and don't want her to walk on it. I disagree with him...why do you think they put humans on crutches? I don't think she should be walking on it at all...I only want her to walk on it to go potty outside.

I hope my little girl gets over this soon.
    Sienna Foo Ming Geeting
    May 30, 2006 ~ January 11, 2021
    You will always always always be number one in my heart.
    I love you baby girl.

shaynapug is offline True Village Royalty

Seeing her feeling better!

Front or back leg?? I had a pup of mine come back for a few days visit. She either jumped wrong....or was playing too hard....and had a limp! I freaked out!!!! She no longer belonged to me...which made it worse! Took her to the chiro..and it was her neck and shoulder. Once adjusted, she was fine!
    Diane
    Shayna Pugs
    http://www.midmichiganpugclub.com
    Member of PDCA Rescue Committee

HeidiHoog is offline Village Admiral

Hope she is feeling better very soon! Poor girl!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Bustersmom and SiennasMommy like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

GordonBrunoPugMom is online now Village Royalty

Hopefully her leg will be fine .
    I am not sure which is better ? I would say rest ?
    Front leg is tough . Is she in pain? We got extra Rimadyl just in case . But would 1st call vet and ask if it was OK .
    With social distancing you might be able to call and get a phone consultation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lu Ci and Ri Ki is offline Village Ya-Ya

I'm so sorry to be reading this. I will be praying for healing for Sienna and watching for updates.
    We never touch people so lightly that we don't leave a trace.

It is her front leg that is hurting. I'm letting her sleep a lot. She stepped up on the couch leg when I came over with some food (two front feet on the couch arm and her back legs on the seat). She was limping when we took her outside to potty.
    Sienna Foo Ming Geeting
    I love you baby girl.

puglover22 is offline Village Royalty

sorry to hear this, it may take a while. Louie got tendonitis in his shoulder and tricep in January from getting his nails trimmed at the groomer. The groomer sometimes would pull his leg back and clip that way, and he never had a problem, but I guess Louie struggled a bit. I was right there, so I know the groomer didn't do anything heavy handed, it was just something that happened. Later that night Louie was limping bad, after a trip to the ER they determined tendonitis and he was given pain meds and an anti-inflammatory. He saw the chiropractor and the vet after and both said it could take a while. I've been carrying him down stairs to go out since January, and we live on the 3rd floor.....he is able to go back up on his own (thankfully LOL) The vet said that's ok because going down he would put more weight and pressure on it, but going up is not so bad. So this is 4 month later and he hardly limps at all and doesn't need the pain meds anymore, but I'm still carrying him down......
    so that's why I'm saying be patient.....maybe she could be helped with an anti-inflammatory

Stephanie, pugmom to Louie Livewire - 3/15/06 - 6/30/22
    and my 4 angels waiting at the bridge....
    the very special Junior, my pug angel who is doing agility at the rainbow bridge 11/22/91 - 3/13/06
    the very special Danny, my first dog, a Dandie Dinmont Terrier 4/5/70 - 2/10/84
    the very special Paddy, the pug who was loved around the world, who my family had the pleasure and honor of loving for the last 3 years and 5 months 5/1/98 - 8/6/14
    the very special Frannie, the tiniest baby girl pug we ever knew - came into our lives 12/18/16 - 6/26/21

BabsandLoon is offline Village Admiral

I am so sorry to hear this! I hope Sienna's little leg will feel better soon. Poor baby.
    I agree if it isn't better in a day or so to take her to the vet. I'll also be honest and tell you if it was Louie I would carry him everywhere too (and I did when he had that slight limp for a couple days)
    ~Babs Mom #1 to Louis Franklin, Georgia Pearl, and Charles Mylo

Wonka & Nilla is offline Village Dancing Jitterpug

Poor Sienna! I'm so sorry that she is hurting. Sending her some gentle healing vibes and best wishes for speedy recovery!

I think at least a few days of rest would be called for... if not better then contact the vet.

I'll be watching for updates.
    Village Moderator

Mom to Miss Jelly Bean "Beanie" Licorice Pug and Noodles the Frenchie
    Forever in our hearts:
    Miss Nilla Sassafras Pug August 17, 2002 to April 19, 2018
    And my Heart-Dog...
    Wonka the Dancing Pug, CGC, W-FD, W-TFD.
    Februrary 11, 2005 to May 10, 2020. Miss you, sweet boy!

Sienna is about the same with the limp. Her spirits are good and she's a happy girl.

Thank you for all the well-wishes for her. Puglover22 thank you for the report on Louie that I can get an idea of what Sienna may be going thru.

If she is not better in a few days, she will go to the vet. I'm not crazy about waiting in the car while they take her in. I like to see how he's examining her and be able to talk to the vet and ask questions.
    Sienna Foo Ming Geeting
    I love you baby girl.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast