So this happened today-Odie Eye
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: So this happened today-Odie Eye

Bustersmom is offline Village Governor

DefaultSo this happened today-Odie Eye

Yesterday Odie's eye was all squinty-no idea what happened (last time he was playing and ran into one of our hands) so we got out the ointment from last time and started applying. This morning, worse. All matted, completely closed, head shy, he was keeping to himself which is completely out of character. Eye looked terrible, I was scared we were into something absolutely horrible-losing an eye and so forth. So called vet as soon as opened and we were able to get in at 10am. If we had not been able I would have gone straight to emergency as we are lucky enough to have one in our area. Vet examined as we waited in car, called us and said found tiny pinprick ulcer-kinda shocked such small ulcer would cause such inflammation of eyeball. So we were instructed to use the three prescriptions, one is drops, one is ointment and one helps with inflammation and pain. So tonight we just finished the last of the meds and are hoping to see improvement in next few days. Vet advised us if we see anything going downhill the slightest -call before our next re check which is Tuesday.

I am sharing this story to reiterate what we all know with Pug eyes-it only takes a minute for things to go sideways so err on the side of caution and get it looked at asap. Re reading threads from the past this is the advice over and over again.

Appreciate all good thoughts for Odie's eye to completely recover.
    shaynapug likes this.

HeidiHoog is offline Village Admiral

I hope Odie's eye heals very quickly! Poor boy!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Bustersmom likes this.

GordonBrunoPugMom is offline Village Royalty

OH Odie hopefully the meds work fast . Poor boy itís painful .

Gordon keeps getting squinty eye. We got meds here from the eye Dr just in case . He had one of those tiny puncture injuries and it took a while to heal . Some times they heal quick and others not so much . He had plasma before which worked wonders. When they need drops every 2 to 3 itís more difficult .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Lu Ci and Ri Ki likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

Thank you! Yes we have drops three times a day, ointment twice a day and pill twice a day. We can do that no problem-especially now! When my old guy Buster had cataract surgery in both eyes-we needed a spread sheet for the drops! Ha!

Rugbysmom is offline Village Royalty

Sending along lots of positive thoughts & prayers that Odie's eye will heal quickly, with no complications!
    Rugbysmom

Rugby 7/10/02 - 9/28/15 Miss you, little girl! You're always in my heart!

Molly DOB: 7/6/04

Lu Ci and Ri Ki is offline Village Ya-Ya

Praying for healing for Odie's eye.
    Bustersmom likes this.
    We never touch people so lightly that we don't leave a trace.

Wonka & Nilla is offline Village Dancing Jitterpug

Oh no, poor Odie! I hope the med's work quickly and his eye starts looking and feeling much better soon! Sending positive vibes for speedy healing.
    Village Moderator

Mom to
    Wonka the Dancing Pug, CGC, W-FD, W-TFD
    and introducing... Miss Jelly Bean "Beanie" Licorice Pug
    Forever in our hearts:
    Miss Nilla Sassafras Pug August 17, 2002 to April 19, 2018

Tinker's mom is offline Village Royalty

Prayers his eye heals well and quickly.
    Bustersmom likes this.
    Jackie,Mom to Robbie & Stacy my human children and Tinker my furkid.

SiennasMommy is offline Village Royalty

That's one thing that always scared me...eye issues. I hope Odie's eye heals with no after effects.

Sienna lost her central vision due to PK. She loves to walk in the tall grass, etc at the edge of the park. I'm always afraid that something she can't see will poke her in the eye. So we don't walk near things or tall grass.
    Sienna's Pictures and Bio - http://www.dogster.com/dogs/1302954 I love you, baby girl!

Help Lisa (6 Beautiful Pugs) and the senior pugs at the "Rusty Pug Retirement Ranch" through their Amazon Wish List http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wi.../104M0QBM5XSWW

Thank you all for the good vibes-while he acts like he feels so much better- and is holding his eye open much more-I am kind of freaking out as now I can see how cloudy the eye is-I realize this is due to inflammation, but of course all I can think is the worst and that he will lose the eye. Way too much time on my hands these days. Again many thanks for thinking of us!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast