Anti dog theft / advise / experience.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By LilyFayre
  • 1 Post By Renee

Thread: Anti dog theft / advise / experience.

W+D
    W+D is offline Village Mayor

DefaultAnti dog theft / advise / experience.

Hi, I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place but I just wondered if anyone used any anti theft devices?

We've just had a notice about the rise of dog theft around our area (from gardens and people following dog walkers and snatching them).

They're both microchipped, I never leave them alone in the garden or anywhere else and I mix up my walking routes but I'm now worried about them being snatched whilst on a walk and if there are any devices or things I can do to prevent it.

Thanks x

LilyFayre is offline Village Tea Pug

I got a rape alarm that fits on the wrist and activates easily with a push button for my friend to wear when out with her cavalier King Charles spaniels. She’s 80 years old and although she does have a very basic mobile phone, it’s never switched on and I doubt she’d think to use it anyway. Rape alarms can be useful for frightening away aggressive dogs too. She also carries a small aerosol spray can of deodorant in her pocket as a deterrent, but again I doubt that she’d think to use it. She has been very nervous ever since another elderly lady had her chihuahua puppy snatched from her last year whilst walking along a road local to where she lives. Sadly, as far as I know the puppy has never been recovered.
    Renee, SiennasMommy and W+D like this.
    Suzie
    Bree, Xanthe and Darwin

Renee is offline Village Mayor

Wow. I knew that people stealing pets from yards was a thing, but I have not heard of people stealing them from their owners while out for a walk. I guess I am not surprised. How sad though. :(
    I was thinking about taking the girls out for walks at night because that's the only time it's cool enough, but I was hesitant to go out at nighttime. Now, I really don't want to!
    W+D likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

W+D
    W+D is offline Village Mayor

It's very sad :(
    I have to walk mine early in the morning and late at night due to the heat but since seeing this I alter my walking routes each day and try to stick to lit up areas and stay nearer to houses. It's a shame as they love the field nearby but I'd rather not risk it alone in the evening. I'll try and copy the warning poster below (not sure if it will work).

https://photos.app.goo.gl/1wVKZamhuhawStNb6

+ Reply to Thread