+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Snifter
  • 2 Post By LilyFayre

Thread: Eye lubricant x

W+D
    W+D is offline Village Mayor

DefaultEye lubricant x

Hi, we currently use Optixcare eye lubricant for my boys. Someone suggested using Viscotears which is a cheaper alternative. From what I can see the ingredients are near enough the same. Has anyone used Viscotears or any other lubricant for dry eye? Thanks x

Snifter is offline Moderator/Village Merchant

We used Viscotears. You can also get a generic carbomer eye gel from the chemist which is cheaper. I think the Specsavers brand eye gel is also OK. A really good one for overnight is Remend Corneal Lubricant drops (as opposed to the corneal repair gel - don't confuse the two) as it is longer lasting than most. If you find drops easier to administer than gel (I did) you can use Liquifilm Tears made by Allergan. Or there's a hyaluronic acid drops product but I can't at the minute remember what it is called. I think it came in a grey and yellow coloured bottle.

Bella, mummy to Snifter and Toddy!

http://avrilmunson.wordpress.com

LilyFayre is offline Village Tea Pug

My vets recommend Optixcare too. They use it to lubricate animals eyes to help protect them during general surgical procedures - hope you don’t buy it from them though! Check the prices on Amazon and Ebay!

Personally I use Remend lubricating drops for Darwin twice per day that I buy in a bulk box of three bottles from Low Price Pet Care - Fast Delivery - Pet Drugs Online

Sadly this hasn’t prevented Darwin from getting two eye ulcers so far (but one was attributable to a cat scratch, the other unknown) or the development of PK, but since he has rather bulging eyes I hope it helps to keep his eyes lubricated at any rate.
    Suzie
    Bree, Xanthe and Darwin

+ Reply to Thread