Worried about Elvis - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Worried about Elvis

Rugbysmom is offline Village Royalty

Oh, no....poor Elvis, & poor you! I hope the vet doesn't find anything serious & he will heal with meds & rest! My dh made a little set of steps for our previous Pug Rugby & Rugby learned to use them in no time! DH made them out of styrofoam so they would be lightweight. We saved them so if Heidi starts having trouble with arthritis, we will bring them out of hiding & she can use them.
    Rugbysmom

Rugby 7/10/02 - 9/28/15 Miss you, little girl! You're always in my heart!

Molly DOB: 7/6/04

Wonka & Nilla is offline Village Dancing Jitterpug

So sorry to read that Elvis hurt his back! I sure hope the vet can help him on Tuesday and that he feels much better soon. It's so heartbreaking when the tail is uncurled and they don't feel well. Sending positive puggie vibes for a full and speedy recovery.
    Lu Ci and Ri Ki likes this.
    Village Moderator

Mom to Miss Jelly Bean "Beanie" Licorice Pug and Noodles the Frenchie
    Forever in our hearts:
    Miss Nilla Sassafras Pug August 17, 2002 to April 19, 2018
    And my Heart-Dog...
    Wonka the Dancing Pug, CGC, W-FD, W-TFD.
    Februrary 11, 2005 to May 10, 2020. Miss you, sweet boy!

ChristinePugMom is offline Village Royalty

Quote Originally Posted by LilyFayre View Post
    So sorry to hear about Elvis. This may not work for him, but turmeric has certainly helped Bree a lot.

Bree, my cocker spaniel stopped jumping up onto the higher sofa a while ago, but still persisted in her mad bouncing on the spot (almost to my head height!) every time I feed them up until yesterday. She also said that she couldn’t get onto the low sofa via a pouffe or walk upstairs either, yet she’s still walking and trotting around with a waggy tail. Being a Saturday evening and the difficulty of seeing a vet until Monday I decided to try putting one of my turmeric and black pepper capsules on her dinner last night. I know it worked very quickly on me when I had awful pain with an arthritic hip, but I didn’t expect it to work so quickly on Bree too. Twenty minutes later she was climbing on the pouffe onto the sofa, walked upstairs herself and even jumped onto the blanket box to get on my bed! So I’ve carried on with emptying out a turmeric capsule on her meals. This evening she’s started trying to bounce at dinner time again which I’m trying to strongly discourage, but she’s obviously feeling a whole lot better!

Hoping that Elvis is feeling better soon!
    I do not have any turmeric but will see about getting some. Sounds like a good idea to have it on hand.
    Mom to Elvis and Buddy

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

ChristinePugMom is offline Village Royalty

Quote Originally Posted by Rugbysmom View Post
    Oh, no....poor Elvis, & poor you! I hope the vet doesn't find anything serious & he will heal with meds & rest! My dh made a little set of steps for our previous Pug Rugby & Rugby learned to use them in no time! DH made them out of styrofoam so they would be lightweight. We saved them so if Heidi starts having trouble with arthritis, we will bring them out of hiding & she can use them.
    Would you happen to have a picture of the steps? We have been talking about steps or a ramp.

Also we had a mattress topper we took off our bed because I didn't like it. Hubby pulled it out this afternoon and put it on the floor on my side of the bed to make a softer landing for Elvis. Of course now I have to be careful I don't trip and fall.
    Mom to Elvis and Buddy

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12