Worried about Elvis
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Worried about Elvis

ChristinePugMom is offline Village Royalty

Default Worried about Elvis

He has apparently hurt his back/backend. Elvis is a a long legged pug with a longer tail that did curl up as it should. He has always been one to jump on the furniture including our bed which is high. We do have a chest that he would get on first than onto the bed. No matter what we did to attempt to stop his jumping it didn't work and he made it look so easy. Just bounced right up. He is one that does not like to be picked up at all. He has been like that since a baby.

For about 2-3 weeks we noticed that every once in a while he would miss the jump up onto the sofa which is not that high, but didn't think too much about it. He stopped even trying to get into bed and lets us pick him up but worse he jumps down in the morning before we can stop him, same from sofa or chairs.

He is walking around with his tail down and his butt kinda tucked in. I found some pain pills from either one of their surgeries or dentals and gave him one yesterday. Also yesterday made an appointment for Tuesday to see what is going on.

I'm really worried and he looks so sad that it breaks my heart.

Also he had another severe ear infection that is allergy triggered, I really think we got a large bag of dog food maybe got cross contaminated with beef which he is highly allergic to. I switched brands and that with antibiotics and a steroid from the vet his ear is slowing healing. The steroids has made him frantic with the want to eat eat eat. I am so glad he had his last pill yesterday.

Guess I just needed to vent a bit this morning.
    Mom to Elvis and Buddy

GordonBrunoPugMom is offline Village Royalty

Oh no! Definitely have his back checked out. I am surprised the vet will wait this long well until Tuesday to see him for that ? Have you tried Prescription Food with isolated protein ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ChristinePugMom is offline Village Royalty

Quote Originally Posted by GordonBrunoPugMom View Post
    Oh no! Definitely have his back checked out. I am surprised the vet will wait this long well until Tuesday to see him for that ? Have you tried Prescription Food with isolated protein ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    No, but I found if we only give fish as a protein he does well. We may need to look into a Prescription food. He is also allergic to dust mites and that is much harder to control.
    Mom to Elvis and Buddy

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

Lu Ci and Ri Ki is offline Village Ya-Ya

I'm so sad to be reading that Elvis has hurt his back. I will be praying for good news from the Vet and a treatment plan that will have him feeling 100% again. Glad his ear infection seems to be on the mend. Allergies are so difficult to manage.
    We never touch people so lightly that we don't leave a trace.

HeidiHoog is offline Village Admiral

Oh no, poor Elvis. I hope he is feeling better very soon. I hate seeing them sad with their tails uncurled.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

shaynapug is offline True Village Royalty

I hope he's feeling better soon!!!! I'm a strong believer in chiropractic.....It helped my Solo walk after he hurt his back and neck!!! Some human chiros do animals....as do some vets!!!
    Lu Ci and Ri Ki likes this.
    Diane
    Shayna Pugs
    http://www.midmichiganpugclub.com
    Chairperson of PDCA Rescue Committee

Tinker's mom is offline Village Royalty

Prayers you get a proper diagnosis and treatment and he feels better soon.
    Jackie,Mom to Robbie & Stacy my human children and Tinker my furkid.

Tuck and Ag's Mom is offline Village Admiral

Poor Elvis I hope they figure out what wrong with him. I would just try and keep him as calm and as controlled from jumping as you can until the appt
    Nancy
    Mom to Lolli and Murphy
    Forever in my heart Aggie, Tucker and Frank

Suri is offline Village Secret Super-Star

Poor boy, was he on prednisone for his ear infection? that would help his back end, he sounds so much like Bo when Bo was younger. I hope you get it figured out.
    Susan, mom to Scruffy, Bo and Maggie Mae

Honoring Jenny, Trooper, Kaja,Muff, and Pepper

LilyFayre is offline Village Tea Pug

So sorry to hear about Elvis. This may not work for him, but turmeric has certainly helped Bree a lot.

Bree, my cocker spaniel stopped jumping up onto the higher sofa a while ago, but still persisted in her mad bouncing on the spot (almost to my head height!) every time I feed them up until yesterday. She also said that she couldn’t get onto the low sofa via a pouffe or walk upstairs either, yet she’s still walking and trotting around with a waggy tail. Being a Saturday evening and the difficulty of seeing a vet until Monday I decided to try putting one of my turmeric and black pepper capsules on her dinner last night. I know it worked very quickly on me when I had awful pain with an arthritic hip, but I didn’t expect it to work so quickly on Bree too. Twenty minutes later she was climbing on the pouffe onto the sofa, walked upstairs herself and even jumped onto the blanket box to get on my bed! So I’ve carried on with emptying out a turmeric capsule on her meals. This evening she’s started trying to bounce at dinner time again which I’m trying to strongly discourage, but she’s obviously feeling a whole lot better!

Hoping that Elvis is feeling better soon!
    Suzie
    Bree, Xanthe and Darwin

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast