Romeo has fleas
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By andeande

Thread: Romeo has fleas

andeande is offline Village Mayor

Default Romeo has fleas

Hey all,

It's been a few years but I'm pretty sure I just spotted a flea running across Romeo's belly. My in-laws just moved out to the country so we've been running around in fields for a few days. I know every other year is a good year for Advantage and every other year is a Frontline year as they continue to update the product to keep up with the fleas becoming resilient to it. Does anyone know what product is good for this year?

Thank you! It's been forever since I've had to deal with this problem, and Romeo's never had fleas before!

Wonka & Nilla is offline Village Dancing Jitterpug

Interesting! I've actually never heard that theory about switching products each year, but it makes sense in a lot of ways. Hopefully someone who uses both can chime in and give an answer.
    Village Moderator

Mom to Miss Jelly Bean "Beanie" Licorice Pug
    Forever in our hearts:
    Miss Nilla Sassafras Pug August 17, 2002 to April 19, 2018
    And my Heart-Dog...
    Wonka the Dancing Pug, CGC, W-FD, W-TFD.
    Februrary 11, 2005 to May 10, 2020. Miss you, sweet boy!

Rugbysmom is offline Village Royalty

I just bought Simparica chewable for Heidi.....doesn't matter which type I use, I always hate it & feel like I'm poisoning my dog. So far Heidi has always done fine with it. I've probably only treated her during the summer months for the past 3 or 4 years.
    Rugbysmom

Rugby 7/10/02 - 9/28/15 Miss you, little girl! You're always in my heart!

Molly DOB: 7/6/04

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Wonka & Nilla View Post
    Interesting! I've actually never heard that theory about switching products each year, but it makes sense in a lot of ways. Hopefully someone who uses both can chime in and give an answer.
    Yeah, I learned that the hard way when I had a cat with suuuper bad fleas and Frontline wasn't working. The vet told us we needed to switch and that it was an 'Advantage year' that year. Those are the only two products I've ever used though.
    Last edited by andeande; 06-09-2021 at 01:22 PM. Reason: Forgot to reply directly to someone.
    Wonka & Nilla likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rugbysmom View Post
    I just bought Simparica chewable for Heidi.....doesn't matter which type I use, I always hate it & feel like I'm poisoning my dog. So far Heidi has always done fine with it. I've probably only treated her during the summer months for the past 3 or 4 years.
    Awesome! I'll give this a try, thank you!!!

+ Reply to Thread