Prayers please! Maybe Vestibular?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Prayers please! Maybe Vestibular?

staticjess is offline Village Governor

Default Prayers please! Maybe Vestibular?

Hi Everyone,

Iím not on a whole lot, but could certainly use some prayers. I think Buster has just had a vestibular episode. Started off earlier tonight when he didnít want his dinner. VERY unusual. He then ate a little grass and threw it up. Figure just an upset tummy. Otherwise he was acting totally fine. He did eat a little bit later on. Then after about an hour threw that up too. But did drink some water after. Still acting ok. Then about an hour ago, he was just snoozing next to me on the couch when he suddenly got up and started almost seizure-like movements. Kind of stiff legged and putting his head back. Not really dramatic, but enough. His eyes werenít darting but definitely unfocused. I almost wondered if he was suddenly blind. After a bit of holding him he relaxed and got a bit better. Though had a very drunken walk. Sat with him a bit more and heís now more relaxed again and sitting up normally. Though I havenít had him try to walk. He seems fairly good for now, but will definitely get him to the vet in the morning. I did get a couple short videos on my phone, so that should help too. Just could use some extra prayers. Hugs your pugs for me!

Oh! He just got up and walked totally normally! So much a relief to see! These guys certainly know how to worry us. Still will get him checked out of course. But I’m so happy to see him come out of it so quickly!

Tinker's mom is offline Village Royalty

Prayers it's not serious.
    staticjess likes this.
    Jackie,Mom to Robbie & Stacy my human children and Tinker my furkid.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

CSollers is offline Village Sugar Daddy

Hopefully, your vet can figure out these symptoms. Positive thoughts coming for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    shaynapug and staticjess like this.
    Chris, owned by Minni the diva, and "Sugar" Ray the ever hungry.
    Ray has since crossed the bridge but stays forever in my heart. I love you, Boo Boo. Oscar Wilde Thang has joined the family.
    DH to Ellen , DD to Lindsay and Carrie

Lu Ci and Ri Ki is offline Village Ya-Ya

I'm so sorry you and Buster are experiencing this. Praying it's just a one time occurrence. Glad you are getting him checked out by the Vet and have some video to show them.
    staticjess likes this.
    We never touch people so lightly that we don't leave a trace.

Just got back from the vet. It does appear to be vestibular. His left ear has yeast and is very inflamed. The ear canal is nearly closed, but ear drum looks good, from what she could see. This corresponds with the video I got and his left tilt/spin. So we’ve got an ear wash, prednisone, and cerenia. Will get a recheck next week. Thanks everyone for your thoughts & prayers. Hoping we can get this treated and be a one time deal! At least we know what to look for.

Rugbysmom is offline Village Royalty

I'm glad that you've already had Buster to the vet & he is being treated! I hope that takes care of the problem & it never happens again! We had a lot of trouble with that with our 1st Pug, Tawny--for us it was a nightmare, so I really hope Buster will be a "one & done" case!
    Rugbysmom

Rugby 7/10/02 - 9/28/15 Miss you, little girl! You're always in my heart!

Molly DOB: 7/6/04

Wonka & Nilla is offline Village Dancing Jitterpug

I'm so glad you were able to get him checked out quickly and I hope the ear wash and meds help him feel much better soon!
    Village Moderator

Mom to Miss Jelly Bean "Beanie" Licorice Pug
    Forever in our hearts:
    Miss Nilla Sassafras Pug August 17, 2002 to April 19, 2018
    And my Heart-Dog...
    Wonka the Dancing Pug, CGC, W-FD, W-TFD.
    Februrary 11, 2005 to May 10, 2020. Miss you, sweet boy!

GordonBrunoPugMom is offline Village Royalty

Oh just got on and read the thread. Scary ! I am glad he got checked out. Praying for a fast healing process

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

CSollers is offline Village Sugar Daddy

Quote Originally Posted by staticjess View Post
    Just got back from the vet. It does appear to be vestibular. His left ear has yeast and is very inflamed. The ear canal is nearly closed, but ear drum looks good, from what she could see. This corresponds with the video I got and his left tilt/spin. So weíve got an ear wash, prednisone, and cerenia. Will get a recheck next week. Thanks everyone for your thoughts & prayers. Hoping we can get this treated and be a one time deal! At least we know what to look for.
    Prednisone is a wonder drug but long term usage can be problematic. When itís necessary, thereís nothing like it. I believe that it contributed to Minniís bout with pancreatitis as she had been taking prednisone for months prior for a collapsing trachea. I would get him off it as soon as the vestibular symptoms allow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Chris, owned by Minni the diva, and "Sugar" Ray the ever hungry.
    Ray has since crossed the bridge but stays forever in my heart. I love you, Boo Boo. Oscar Wilde Thang has joined the family.
    DH to Ellen , DD to Lindsay and Carrie

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast