Pugs and Hot Weather - Page 18
+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Pugs and Hot Weather

LilyFayre is offline Village Tea Pug

I tend to agree with what Nina said in a previous post - that pugs (as with other breeds) to a certain extent become acclimatised to where they live. We just aren’t used to prolonged periods of hot weather that we are currently experiencing in the U.K. To us however, 88F is getting uncomfortably far too hot, dogs with dumb owners are dying from heat exhaustion and I can’t even begin to imagine how you survive in Arizona!

For Darwin even an early morning walk in the park staying in shaded areas with a cool coat on he’s starting to pant at 68F. By the same token he takes no notice and isn’t at all bothered when it’s 20F in winter.
    Suzie
    Bree, Xanthe and Darwin

IndysMommy is offline New to the Village

Indy is doing well for this heat. He stays inside, he has his "business offices" to do his business in. I like that better than saying do you have to pee or poop. We play in the house. Twice a month we travel to the White Mountains to work at a car racing track for a friend. Indy has now become the "greeter & mascot" at the race track. He loves riding in the car. He's never gotten car sick but he won't sit anywhere but my arms. I've tried the back seat, the floor but I think I'm going to have to break down and get a car seat for Indy. He's not going to be happy with that but it's got to be done for his safety.
    Lu Ci and Ri Ki and LilyFayre like this.

MDeMots is offline Village Mayor

THREE HOURS?? Anyone thought it was ok to leave a pug out three hours????
    "Whoever said diamonds are a girl's best friend never owned a pug."

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

Pug Power is offline Village Puppy

Well we cracked 44c here today (just north of 110f) North of Melbourne, Australia. Both my Pugs are sprawled out like usual on the couch and have an air conditioned house for our Summers. Would be a struggle for any dog outside today, itís like a furnace out there...
    Last edited by Pug Power; 01-03-2019 at 11:44 PM.

LilyFayre is offline Village Tea Pug

Quote Originally Posted by Pug Power View Post
    Well we cracked 44c here today (just north of 110f) North of Melbourne, Australia. Both my Pugs are sprawled out like usual on the couch and have an air conditioned house for our Summers. Would be a struggle for any dog outside today, it’s like a furnace out there...
    Yes I saw on UK news that temps were expected to reach 46C in parts of Australia today. It's beyond me how you cope at all in temps like that, even with an air conditioned home. I have several pupils who live in Dubai that say you only go outside during the day to step into an air conditioned taxi and straight out into an air conditioned shopping centre, and even then you have to ensure that you're wearing really thick soled sandals to avoid burning your feet on the pavement. The only way their dogs can go outside to toilet during the day is for them to hose the patio with lots of water to cool it first.
    Suzie
    Bree, Xanthe and Darwin

Yes, it’s just stay inside on days like those. Thankfully we only get a handful each Summer that extreme so not as bad as places like Dubai, etc but still pretty warm. Up to 38 degrees or so is ok generally to be outside - I get a bit warm above that. Ideal temp is high 20’s to low 30’s IMO. :)

Leopold13 is offline New to the Village

And what about the dog on vacation, if I take it on a yacht in Ispnia, ride for about a week, will it not harm the dog?

Quote Originally Posted by Leopold13 View Post
    And what about the dog on vacation, if I take it on a yacht in Ispnia, ride for about a week, will it not harm the dog?
    What are the average temperatures in that area during the planned trip? Iíve been camping with mine in low 30 degrees C for a week at a time but I make sure they can cool off in a river, etc. remember pugs canít swim either, so be careful about him/her going overboard.
    Wonka & Nilla likes this.

andeande is offline Village Mayor

This is an old post and there are a lot of comments but I'm worried about my current living arrangement and I'm wondering if I should be.

My husband and I are moving in June but right now we are locked into our contract at our current apartment. It is an older basement apartment and there is no centralized A/C, we have a A/C unit that we stick out of the window but our apartment still gets VERY hot (72-78 degrees, but indoors so its crazy). Will this kind of consistent temperature cause problems? Or will Romeo be okay for a month or two while we're looking for a new place?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718