Pugs and Hot Weather - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Pugs and Hot Weather

DefaultHeat

Thanks for the reminder. We live in southern NC and the weather here has been extremely hot and humid. Between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m., Bodhi and I only go out for a quick pee, then it's right back inside. I go spend the day at the pool; he lounges on the sofa in the AC.

Pugdawg1 is offline Village Baker

We went from having snow dumped on us 3 weeks ago, to 88 degrees today. Pugs were outside with me, i was doing yardwork. but we have big shade trees and lots of lawn etc ... i also watered the pugs down.. they love being wet... helps make things cooler for them. So no problems.
    Marnie & Winston
    Always and forever missing her Oscar.

Just got back from taking Oscar with me to see my mom in FL. It was in 90's everyday & Monday it was over 100!

I'm not sure how you guys in hot climates do it! I was freaking out anytime he was outside for more than a few minutes.

Oscar loves his park time & I was running out of time in morning before it hit 80! Of course it didn't help that I had to drive 20 mins to a dog park! Also most evenings it was still really warm, so we only went for short walks.

Never got a chance to break out the kiddie pool.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

Once again I am eternally grateful to have you guys here. The summer has just begun here in Toronto with only a couple of hot days so far but when Daisy and I have gone out I just assumed that I would see signs that she needed to go in. It is so scary to think what a huge difference a couple of minutes too long in the sun could mean...I'll definitely be very very careful.

Hot and humid here in the deep South. We (the pugs and I) mostly stay inside in the air conditioning this time of the year. And will for the next few months. Trips outside are brief and to get business done. The mosquitos are also out in force from all the recent rain. Heartworm preventive is necessary 12 months of the year here. I also limit the time out because of the West Nile Virus carried by mosquitos. This is the time of the year that the cooler climates seem very attractive!

Sherry

Can someone please explain what and where do you get a cooling bed? I'm a first-time dog owner and freak out everytime Kali starts panting...

Many thanks,
    Noralisa.
    dawnk likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kali_pup
    Can someone please explain what and where do you get a cooling bed? I'm a first-time dog owner and freak out everytime Kali starts panting...

Many thanks,
    Noralisa.
    I am also interested to learn about this. Darbs and I live in a basement apartment in NYC. I only have one window which is on the ground and covered with bars so it can't get broken into. Due to that AC is out. My apt. is a little warm but I keep a fan blowing on Darbs in his crate at all times especially during the day when I am at work. Tonite I took him for a 20 minute walk. It is kind of warm out (about 80). When we got inside he threw up his dinner. He is a very jumpy pug so could this be a combo of that and the heat?

jwestoverpug is offline Village Royalty

You can buy cooling beds in most pet catalogs. I know Dr. Fosters and smith sells them. Personally I never found them very useful, but they're worth a try. I've seen portable air conditioners that don't need to be placed in a window that you could try. Other than that I'd try dipping them in some cool water occasionally.

Jesse

Thanks for that good reminder. It is very hot and very humid here in central Virginia. My Penny just can't take the heat.

We live in Oregon and plan to go camping with the puggies in a few weeks. There is a lake and we will have our camper with us. Any suggestions for keeping the puggies cool and safe from heatstroke on a hot camping trip?
    Debbie and Puggies

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast