How to Keep a Pug Quiet and Calm After Heartworm Treatment LOL LOL
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to Keep a Pug Quiet and Calm After Heartworm Treatment LOL LOL

Unhappy How to Keep a Pug Quiet and Calm After Heartworm Treatment LOL LOL

Okay - Lola had her first heartworm shot on Monday...she came home and slept the rest of the afternoon and night... since Tuesday she has been wired for sound and you can't tell she even had anything done!!! I asked the vet how long we needed to keep her calm and quiet and he said she probably would pretty much limit herself. Anyone else ever had a pug go through heartworm treatment??

arthursmom is offline Village Senator

My foster Miranda(whom I have since adopted) came to me while she was being treated for HW. I kept her in an x-pen in my family room to limit her activity. Took her out to potty on a leash so she wouldn't run and jump around. She didn't seem to be in distress from the treatment, other than sometimes she would cough and gag, as if she was trying to cough up something. After the second treatment, I didn't have to keep her "quiet" as long and she is just fine now. Good luck!
    Carol
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Mom to pugs Romano and Momma Mia, and waiting at the Bridge my beautiful Golden, Meg, my heart pug Arthur (Bubbie), Miranda ,Winston,Frank and forever fosters Groucho, Cornelius and Gramps.
    [

+ Reply to Thread