Active Manuka Honey 10+ for GI upsets
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Active Manuka Honey 10+ for GI upsets

Rosiepug is offline Moderator et Village Parisienne

Default Active Manuka Honey 10+ for GI upsets

This is an interesting article. I'm looking for natural ways to help Rosie with her stomach ulcer. She's pretty good at the moment but has 3 more weeks of treatment. I'm wondering whether to substitute the honey for the Maalox to coat the stomach lining.

http://www.natural-animal-care-produ...Intestinal.htm

Anyone tried it?
    www.parischiennepugs.com

]acqueline et
    Les Parischiennes,
    L'Impératrice Rosephine de Bonaparte
    La Marquise Halcyone de Pompadour

PUDDING @ 9 wks
    CRUFTS QUALIFIED 2010

Mademoiselle Amaryllis qui m'attende au pont d'arc 27.3.99-14.11.06

Snifter is offline Moderator/Village Merchant

I haven't but that is interesting. I wonder whether it might soothe Toddy and Snifter's tums a bit.

I think in your position I would probably use it alongside the Maalox (having checked with the vet first) rather than stopping Maalox with so much of the course left to run. But then I have no idea what side effects of Maalox might be etc etc and you have no doubt researched this.

Hugs to your pugs. How's Pudding doing?

Bella, mummy to Snifter and Toddy!

http://avrilmunson.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Snifter View Post
    I haven't but that is interesting. I wonder whether it might soothe Toddy and Snifter's tums a bit.

I think in your position I would probably use it alongside the Maalox (having checked with the vet first) rather than stopping Maalox with so much of the course left to run. But then I have no idea what side effects of Maalox might be etc etc and you have no doubt researched this.

Hugs to your pugs. How's Pudding doing?
    Pudding has turned into a mountain goat and climbs on all the furniture. I've no idea how to stop her. I can say no or 'off' and physically remove her 1000 times and she still jumps right up. I can't reward her with a treat not to do it because Rosie isn't allowed treats and it wouldn't be fair to constantly feed Pudding in front of her. Any ideas??

If I were you, I'd try the Manuka. I've just been out to buy a jar and both girls licked half a teaspoon down. I know Snifter has particularly refined palate, If he won't have it at least you can mix it with lemon juice when the winter colds start!
    www.parischiennepugs.com

]acqueline et
    Les Parischiennes,

PUDDING @ 9 wks
    CRUFTS QUALIFIED 2010

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

I would try physically removing her every time AND immediately putting her out of the room for a few seconds. She may be seeing the physical removal as part of a play activity but if she has a nasty consequence of being shut away from you that might clarify her mind a bit.

I think once we have the results of the poo tests I will ask the vet about trying the honey. I am pretty sure Snifter will like it. In fact I was googling the tablet that we had so much trouble with (metronidazole); apparently it is known to taste unspeakably bitter and gagging, frothing and regurgitating is a common reaction. Great.

I would try physically removing her every time AND immediately putting her out of the room for a few seconds. She may be seeing the physical removal as part of a play activity but if she has a nasty consequence of being shut away from you that might clarify her mind a bit.

I think once we have the results of the poo tests I will ask the vet about trying the honey. I am pretty sure Snifter will like it. In fact I was googling the tablet that we had so much trouble with (metronidazole); apparently it is known to taste unspeakably bitter and gagging, frothing and regurgitating is a common reaction. Great.
    I'll try the physically removing and out of the room technique! She's one wild child at the moment!

Rosie has had Flagyl too. Luckily she ate it hidden in Kiri cheese but I remember you saying Snifter chews his food.

You may want to copy the Manmuka article and show it to the Vet.
    www.parischiennepugs.com

]acqueline et
    Les Parischiennes,

PUDDING @ 9 wks
    CRUFTS QUALIFIED 2010

For anyone interested in natural medicine, I'd like to report that I'm really delighted in the results so far of using the Active Manuka honey 10+.

I've stopped using the Maalox and use a teaspoon of the honey 20 minutes before each of her 3 meals and one last thing at night. Then I clean the honey off her teeth

I see a definite improvement in her general happiness. She's eating well, and sleeping well and the mucus running in her throat appears to have dried up! It became a big problem after I had to stop all medicines. She was constantly having to clear her throat, which meant she slept badly. That is the most amazing result because it means I can stop the mucus thinning drug permanently.

If anyone else chooses to try it, I'd love to know your thoughts and what results you get.

Top tip
    One thing I've learned is that factor 10+ is ideal for most medicinal use. A higher factor can be too strong and also it must be Active and not regular Manuka Honey.
    www.parischiennepugs.com

]acqueline et
    Les Parischiennes,

PUDDING @ 9 wks
    CRUFTS QUALIFIED 2010

I'm glad you posted about the factor because I was looking at the honey in the health food shop this morning and it was running at anything from 5+ to 45+ so I got a bit befuddled and didn't buy any. Gosh it is expensive (for honey)!

Gosh it is expensive (for honey)!
    ...But less than the Vet's consultation!!
    I'm paying 17 euro.
    www.parischiennepugs.com

]acqueline et
    Les Parischiennes,

PUDDING @ 9 wks
    CRUFTS QUALIFIED 2010

+ Reply to Thread