White pugs? - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: White pugs?

Jessi is offline Village Governor

Quote Originally Posted by bnwebm View Post
    We're assuming that the cause of the color is a recessive trait, but it could also be a mutation, which doesn't follow a Mendelian tenet scale. Interestingly enough, a recent research study found that blue eyes in humans is a mutation and everyone with blue eyes has a single ancestor. Mutations are great because they can cause just about any color, so anything is possible.
    I remember learning that in school...also this albino I met didn't have an eye color! His eyes were clear, and you could see all the little veins and things....

Charlie Baby is offline Village Mayor

Charlie is mix of a white pug and a black pug...the white pug was adorable - we really liked him!

Rachel_Ann is offline Village Mayor

Found this on YouTube about a White Pug -
    YouTube - Marshmellow the WHITE pug puppy

Here is also a list of the coloured Pugs aroundt the world - Its very interesting!
    PugColorClub.com - AKC Registered Pugs of Color

In Ireland, the IKC only recognises Black, Fawn, Apircot, Apircot-Fawn, Silver & Silver-Fawn. Thats not to say there isn't many different types of coloured Pugs out there.

Anyway, their all so so cute no matter what their colour :D
    "I would rather have an army of Dogs led by a Pug than an army of Pugs led by a Dog" - Napoleon

Rachel
    , Doug & Dede.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

Wally 'n' Leto is offline Pugzu Guru

This has been such an interesting thread - and there's been no fisticuffs!! LOL
    Heather, Mommy to skinkid Toby and furkids Sir Wally of Pugzu and Duke Leto Prancypants the Fragrant.

Also Mom to Archer the Canadian X and Willow the Paint.

Main squeeze of high school sweetie Scot.

sassismom is offline Village Original Southern Dame

We had white pugs on here once we had a great friend in Japan and he sent pictures of them it is a genetic problem these were true Albinos pink eyes etc they did have the mask but he explained that the genetic problems are very extensive, I think only one was actually ok the other 4 were blind and deaf, prone to hip problems. I hate to say that the one you saw was probably a mix but if not would have serious health problems through the years if it is a genetic/albino
    "A life without pugs is possible but pointless." Vicco von Bülow My Sweet Babies until we meet again at the Bridge Sassi (1998 - 2011) Angus (2005 - 2017) Meelah (2005 - 2018) Sissi (2011 - 2019) Cecil (2018 - 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234