Need HELP!! Please - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Need HELP!! Please

shaynapug is online now True Village Royalty

Taking a break and checking in
    If she has only one baby she will definitely need a section!

Seeing this all working out and you having a wonderful pet for any many years to come
    Diane
    Shayna Pugs
    http://www.midmichiganpugclub.com
    Chairperson of PDCA Rescue Committee

Rugbysmom is offline Village Royalty

I'm really glad that Layla is doing well! You can't really guess how many puppies there might be tho--my 1st Pug came from a litter of 8! And if there is only 1, it might be even more reason to get her seen by a vet ASAP, as I've heard that singleton pups can be quite large. I'm sorry that you have landed in this situation, but thank you again for trying to do your best to help this little Pug. It makes me so mad when people do things like her previous owners have done, then leave it for somebody else to try to make right. I hope your mother-in-law will be able to help you out, or that you will be able to find a vet to help with this situation...good luck, and please let us know how it goes. Rugbysmom

missmellabella is offline Village Puppy

I'm so glad to her that Layla is doing well. I joined this convo a little later!! sorry oops!

But thank-you so much for doing the right thing and taking care of an abandoned baby like that.

I think that people like you, and all you foster-pug parents & adoption parents are all angels. I hope you all know that!! You're a bunch of angels and bringing these babies into your blessed home is just such a selfless, loving act.

oops. soapbox.

Please keep us updated on Layla! I'd love to know how she is doing. Good luck!!
    Mella Bella (Momma) & Libby Loo (Dog-ter)

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

sassismom is offline Village Original Southern Dame

Try boiled chicken and rice use the water from boiling the chicken to cook the rice cool it and make a mash just leave her with the bowl until she sees it is ok to eat I am praying that a vet will work with you on this since she is a rescue good luck prayers for a great outcome. Don't give in to people food no Pug will starve she will eat just leave it there they are stubborn but you can win!
    "A life without pugs is possible but pointless." Vicco von Bülow My Sweet Babies until we meet again at the Bridge Sassi (1998 - 2011) Angus (2005 - 2017) Meelah (2005 - 2018) Sissi (2011 - 2019) Cecil (2018 - 2020)

Rugbysmom is offline Village Royalty

Any updates on Layla? I hope she is eating better now. Please keep us posted on how she is doing....Rugbysmom

layagirl is offline Village Puppy

Laya started showing sign's of being close to labor yesterday. We are night owl's around here and sleep till around 12/1:00 in the afternoon so when I got up I noticed she was having a discharge.. I checked her temp about 4:00 (couldnt find thermometer till then lol) and it was 98.6 so I knew she had at least 12-24 hour's. I checked it again a few hour's later and it hadnt gone up or down so I knew that was a good sign. I went to bed about 6:00 this morning and she still wasnt showing any sign's of push labor so I went a head and went to sleep thinking that when she went into push labor I would hear and wake up. Well I didnt hear her but about 10:30 I felt that the bed was wet and check under the cover's and sure enough she had a puppy. He/she look's very healthy and is very vocal. Laya seemed to of done a good job getting it cleaned up and stuff. When I picked it up it was still pretty warm like it had just come out so Im gonna guess she had it about 10:15 or so. It is now 11:40 and she hasnt had anymore and the one has'nt latched on to mom yet. I tried getting it to latch on to mom but it would just lick the teat. Mom doesnt seem to interested in the pup, she's just laying down resting and just not paying attention to it. I knew that the puppy needed to stay warm so I went and filled up two sock's with rice and then microwaved them and then wrapped them in a towel and set the puppy between the two sock's so it could get warm and it stopped whimpering. I can't tell if Laya is done or not. So I have 2 question's. First: I've heard that how many ever teat's have milk in them is how many pup's a dog will have, Is this true? Second: How long should I try getting the pup to latch on till I need to bottle feed it?Ok so 3 question's. Third: How long can Laya go between pup's? I honestly dont think she is gonna have anymore and if she does I think it will only be one more. It has been flooded here and our road has been closed so we havent been able to get out to go to town much less a vet so she still hasnt seen a vet. I also seen that tum's is good for calcium. I dont have any but I also seen that vanilla icecream is good to. I dont have regular vanilla but I have french vanilla, will that be good to? I'd greatly appreciate some quick advice. Thank's in advance.

MylesyPug is offline None

If you can't get to a vet, please phone one for proper advice. WHATEVER you do, don't feed ice cream!!!!!!! If you are bottle feeding a pup you can ONLY feed it proper veterinary milk substitute. Anything else (ANYTHING) can cause it to have severe diarrhea and it would probably die. You must watch the mother very closely. Watch to see if she is having contractions and nothing is happening - a puppy could be stuck. She should also pass the placenta. I would consider getting her to a vet as urgent. I hope everything is okay but please phone a vet and then get her there as soon as you can. Just continue to make sure the puppy is warm and is close to mum. Don't interfere too much with it, as long as it's warm and near a teat, it should start suckling soon. Just watch mum now and see if there are ANY signs of distress - puppy stuck or she's too tired to pass any more are the main worries. This is just something that can't be left in the hands of the inexperienced.

I wasnt going to feed the puppy ice cream. I was doing some research and I seen that some breeders give their dog's a tum or vanilla ice cream to help with calcium to give them energy to have the other pup's. The puppy still has not latched on to mom. Mom seem's to be doing fine, she didnt eat at all yesterday but I got her to eat just a few minutes ago and she ate every bit of the food. Puppy is warm and is cuddled up to mom but she hasnt latched on to a teat yet. My husband is at work right now so when he get's home Im gonna call the vet and see if I need to go get some puppy replacement milk.

And mylesypug I know im not experienced but if you have read the other post I have put on here then you should know that I didnt get this dog pregnant, my neighbor left this dog after they moved and never came back for her and I later figured out she was pregnant. I dont have a male dog and she stay's in a fenced in back yard so I know she didnt get pregnant since I have been taking care of her. I've dont quite a bit of research so I know NOT to give a newborn puppy ice cream!! I'm not that stupid!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast