Need HELP!! Please - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Need HELP!! Please

MylesyPug is offline None

I have had Pugs in my life for decades and I would call myself woefully unprepared and inexperienced when it comes to breeding. I read your posts and I know the situation. You were completely unclear as to whom you intended to give the ice cream and as you were discussing the puppy not suckling it was not a big leap to assume.... But forgive me. Ice cream is just unsuitable for dogs and especially in this situation. The lactose, cream and sugars can cause diarrhea at best and pancreatitis at worst. No amount of forum advice can be better than a visit with the vet. All advice was given to aid you with the situation but you still need to take both of them to a vet for a check-up at the very least. She should be passing on antibodies to the baby in the colustrum, which is the first milk the baby drinks, and as the baby does not yet appear to be suckling, this is a concern. No matter what I say or anyone else says, nothing can substitute a vet visit. I hope everything is okay for both of them. I know you are doing your best.
    Last edited by MylesyPug; 05-04-2011 at 04:22 PM.

Zeake is offline Village Mayor

Good job on getting you new babies this far. Sugar is bad for pugs. Good luck. Check this forum lots of really good people that love pugs more than anything else. Tons of information also.

shaynapug is offline True Village Royalty

You need to call the vet!!!!!

Yes, calcium is good for the mom...ice cream is fine!

That puppy HAS to eat! Stick your baby finger in it's mouth with a little honey on it....a teeny teeny bit...so see if it can suck. If not...you have to tube feed her!!!!! I tube feed goats milk......but mom's milk is the best! If the pup can suck..then put a bit of sugar on the mom's teat! That pup is probably so week already that you might have to tube it for a day to get it going!!!!

You need a VET!
    luluthepug likes this.
    Diane
    Shayna Pugs
    http://www.midmichiganpugclub.com
    Chairperson of PDCA Rescue Committee

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

suepug is offline Village Mayor

All the people here are just trying to help you the bottom line is you need to get the mom and baby to a vet there health is what is most important

layagirl is offline Village Puppy

I understand everyone is trying to help. I know Laya and her pup need to see the vet and thats why I went and got an appointment for 10:30 in the morning. I tried getting them in today but by the time my husband got off work they were fixing to close so I only had time to go get puppy milk replacer. Vet said that if puppy made it through the night and still hadnt latched on to mom then he would show me how to tube feed (it's a girl btw) her, but he said for tonight to bottle feed her every 2 hour's. I have tried several time's to get her to latch on to mom and see did latch on for a few minutes but that was it. As long as mom is with her then she doesnt whine or act like she is hungry. She isnt doing all that great with the bottle but I have managed to get some formula in her. Ive got alarms set on my phone to get me up to feed her. I'm praying she starts to do better on the bottle and make's it through the night. I read on some website's that some puppies are lazy and wont eat at all the first day, they will just sleep and then take up eating the next day. I hope this is true and it's the case with this little girl. I appreciate everyone's help and I will update as often as I can.

Fla. Pugs is offline Village Royalty

Please, please get this pug to the Vet. I know so many Vets in our area that will help with payments. Maybe if you arent able to get her proper care she might be suffering. Call the nearest rescue and see if they will help. This animal MUST be seen and I dont understand why you havent been getting her the medical care. What if a pup is stuck would you know? Sorry if I sound harsh but its always the dog that has to wait!!
    Linda~ Bugsy Pug, Millie and Captain Jack our Schnauzers.

Miyaghi~my pug angel, July 27, 2005
    Bubba our sweet pug boy, May 18, 2008
    Luke, May 8, 2012

Rugbysmom is offline Village Royalty

I'm glad that you got Laya & her pup in to see the vet this morning! How did it go? Did she just have the one pup then? And how are momma & baby doing now? Are you going to have to tube feed the pup? I hope all is well, and I'll keep Laya & her little baby in my thoughts & prayers! Rugbysmom

Wally 'n' Leto is offline Pugzu Guru

Looking for updates.. hope the pup made it through the night and Laya's feeling OK.
    Heather, Mommy to skinkid Toby and furkids Sir Wally of Pugzu and Duke Leto Prancypants the Fragrant.

Also Mom to Archer the Canadian X and Willow the Paint.

Main squeeze of high school sweetie Scot.

SquishiePugs is offline Village Mayor

Also anxious for an update and very worried about your pug and her pup!,
    Momma to pug Russell and felines Kitty & Winston.

MylesyPug is offline None

I hope the puppy is okay and they have gotten to the vet in time.

Shaynapug, I respectfully disagree with giving ice cream at times like this. There are too many ingredients that could cause further stress on an already highly stressed body. A tiny bit of ice cream given very ocassionally to a healthy dog does not cause problems. I think what you have in mind is canine eclampsia and it would not be seen this early in the birthing process. It is certainly a good idea to give the nursing bitch added calcium to stop this developing, which is usually 3 - 4 weeks after birth. It IS an emergency.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast