Need HELP!! Please - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Need HELP!! Please

pugaddiction is offline Village Royalty

Just checking in to see how Laya and her baby is doing. How did your vet appointment go? Please update us if possible. You may be feeling like you have gotten some harsh critisizm here, but please let me assure you that the people on this forum only want what is best for Laya and her baby or babies. As I am sure you do too. Everyone is just trying to help you help your pups. I will be looking forward to seeing some more pictures of that baby and Laya. Take care.
    Pug Mom to Roxie
    Zoey (March 27, 2005 - February 23, 2015) and Eddie (October 2, 2010 - September 10, 2019) have moved on to the bridge

layagirl is offline Village Puppy

Laya and baby are doing excellent, about the third time that I got up to feed baby she was latched on to mom YAY!!! I was very excited and happy. I took both mom and baby to see the vet this morning and they were both given a clean bill of health. Laya was a little stressed after we got back and ended up moving the baby out of her birthing box and into the closet, which is ok cause there isnt anything in the closet so I put a blanket down and they have both been very content there. A little bit more of good new's is the day before Laya had the baby I went to wal-mart to get some kind of dog food that I hadnt already tried on Laya and seen that they had the Pedigree Little Champion's packages on sale and decided to get them and of course when we got home she wouldnt eat but I figured it was cause she was in pre-labor. So yesterday after she had the baby I took a plate of it in to her and she ate every bit of it!!! I wanted to jump for joy cause she has never ate a whole plate of any kind of dog food since I have had her. So we have now found a dog food that she will eat:) I feel so blessed to have this little girl in my life and I love her so much and want nothing but the best for her and her new baby. I'm trying to come up with a very special name for the baby, any suggestion's are welcome (im bad at name's). I want her name to mean something as I think she is a very special baby. Thank's everyone:)

Wally 'n' Leto is offline Pugzu Guru

So so glad the story has a happy ending (or beginning!). Why don't you wait a few days to see what Baby's personality is, and what name she suggests for herself!
    Heather, Mommy to skinkid Toby and furkids Sir Wally of Pugzu and Duke Leto Prancypants the Fragrant.

Also Mom to Archer the Canadian X and Willow the Paint.

Main squeeze of high school sweetie Scot.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

Yeeeaahhhh, I am so happy to hear that everyone is doing well. Congratulations for taking in Laya when she was in need. Are you planning on keeping the baby or is it too soon to even think of that? I agree with Heather, as she grows in the next few days, weeks, you'll figure out a perfect name for her. So Lets see some more pictures please.
    Pug Mom to Roxie
    Zoey (March 27, 2005 - February 23, 2015) and Eddie (October 2, 2010 - September 10, 2019) have moved on to the bridge

Oh no I knew from the minute I realized that she was pregnant that I would keep at least 1 puppy out of the litter and since she only had one I knew I was meant to keep it. My mother in law was a little disappointed when she found out Laya only had one baby and that we were keeping it lol. I will update with picture's soon.

missmellabella is offline Village Puppy

Beautiful <3
    Congrats to you & big time to Laya <3!!!
    Mella Bella (Momma) & Libby Loo (Dog-ter)

suepug is offline Village Mayor

I am so happy Laya and baby are doing good I think you are going to be a great pug mommy

Last night Laya was acting funny. She came out of the room I have her and the baby in and she was panting and whinning and kinda shivering and just acting kinda nervous, she would hear the baby whinning and would go back in there but then would come right back out whinning and panting. I thought maybe she had milk fever. The town I live in is very small so I didnt think the vet here did emergencies so I called a vet in the next town over and was able to get her to call me back and she didnt seem think that it was milk fever, said to keep a close eye on her and if she started acting like she couldnt get up or was weak then to call her back and she would meet us at the office. I stayed up most of the night watching her and as long as I sat in the room with her and baby she did fine and didnt show any more sign's of milk fever. She has been fine most of the day today and has'nt came out of the room untill just a little while ago and she was doing the same thing she was doing last night but this time she was trying to get under my couch. Could she be trying to find a different spot to put the puppy? She's eating and drinking fine and doesnt act like she is hurting or nothing. She is in here right now and she is digging trying to get under the couch. Any suggestion's?

Could it be that she is trying to make a place for her to bring the puppy in where you all are. I know that pugs have to be with their people so maybe you could try and bring the bed and puppy into the same room that you are in. Panting is usually a sign of stress and it could be that she needs to be close to you. I am sure someone on here that knows more about this will be along soon. I have never had a dog that had puppies, I am just guessing here.
    Pug Mom to Roxie

Wally 'n' Leto is offline Pugzu Guru

I wish I could help, I've never had puppies either, but Gina's point sounds very plausible. Hope everything's OK.
    Heather, Mommy to skinkid Toby and furkids Sir Wally of Pugzu and Duke Leto Prancypants the Fragrant.

Also Mom to Archer the Canadian X and Willow the Paint.

Main squeeze of high school sweetie Scot.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast