Need HELP!! Please - Page 5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Need HELP!! Please

layagirl is offline Village Puppy

That's what im thinking it is but there isnt anyway I could bring them in here with us cause I have a 2 year old daughter that would not leave the puppy alone if I was to bring her in here. I'll figure something out to make Laya happy. Maybe I could fix them a little spot behind the couch where my daughter couldnt get to them? Or would that be too dangerous? Laya still keep's coming in here with me but she isnt doing the panting and whinning, she's just laying beside me at the computer and then sometimes she will lay on the couch. Maybe she just need's to get away from baby?

Eileen_McKenry is offline Village Mayor

just the other day i was reading either on the forum (i think) that a mother pug will leave her babies to be with her people because that is how they are - they were bred to be companions for people. do you have a crate you can use for her and the pup so that she can be in the same room as you, and also so that your toddler can't get into it? or an exercise pen? a nice big crate would work great i would think.

evfc is offline Village Governor

I have been watching this live cam of a mother and her pups for a couple of weeks. They seem to have her in a pen that could sit in the middle of the room. Sometimes I watch and the mom is not in there and then sometimes she is so I guess the rescue place takes her in and out.

Kentuckiana Pug Rescue Puppy Cam on USTREAM: It was March Madness on the 31st when Mama Megan gave birth to 6 beautiful Pug Puppies!! Pulled from a Breeder...

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

No I dont have a crate but I have a play pen I wonder if that would work? It has a tear in it so Laya could probably go through the tear to get out when she need's too. She sat in here with me for a good hour and then she went back to baby so I think that's what it is, she just want's to be with me. If I have to I'll go get a crate tomorrow or ask around and see if someone will let me borrow one. Thank's for the advice yall.

Tiny's Mum is offline Village VP

The play pen sounds like a good idea. If not, could you possibly rearrange the furniture, couches etc to make a secure 'cubby house' for Laya and her baby? They will be with the family but safe from an adoring 2 year old. Best of luck to all of you but you have done a wonderful job so far since rescueing Laya from your neighbour. Thank God you did.

CSollers is offline Village Sugar Daddy

I have followed your story from the beginning. I have made no previous entries because I had no advice to give. Bless you for taking Laya in under the circumstances. You should be proud of yourself!!!!!!

pugaddiction is offline Village Royalty

I think the play pen thing is a great idea too. I also think that it is important for the puppy also to be around you too. You should interact with this baby as much as possible. Glad to hear that Laya is settling down, poor thing has been thru alot. Your 2 year old must be very curious about all this, you have your hands full but doing a great job. Still waiting for more pictures.
    Pug Mom to Roxie
    Zoey (March 27, 2005 - February 23, 2015) and Eddie (October 2, 2010 - September 10, 2019) have moved on to the bridge

shaynapug is online now True Village Royalty

I you could put something like bumper pads around the inside so that the puppy cannot get caught in anything or go through anything...a playpen is good. That pup will start moving more and more...you don't want it to fall through the tear.
    Diane
    Shayna Pugs
    http://www.midmichiganpugclub.com
    Chairperson of PDCA Rescue Committee

So last night when the hubby got home we made a trip to wal-mart and got a large pet taxi for Laya and the baby and a heating pad cause I was just using rice sock's to keep baby warm and we put laya and baby in it and she seem's very content in it. I figured if we locked her in it she would whine to get out but she's been a good sport about it. I didnt wanna lock her in it but if I didnt then she would try to come to bed with me and sleep with all night so I had to lock her in it. While were awake im not gonna lock her in it. Im so proud of Laya and am SO glad that she is eating good. And since yall have been so supportive and helpful I thought I would grant you guys' wish and post some picture's :) Hope you enjoy.

This was after we put her in it and she was checking out baby to make sure she was ok :)

Sorry I posted the same pic twice!! lol

This is the one I meant to post :)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast