pup & poop
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By TNPUGMOMOF2

Thread: pup & poop

aidycakes is offline Village Mayor

Default pup & poop

Miss Li'l has decided that my (now) daughter's (used to be mine til she moved in), and my grandson's beds are the happening potty place. she is pooping on them, even like a minute or 2 after having come in from outside..........

a friend mentioned to me that she might be jealous b/c she's not getting ALL the attention anymore. which - actually - is not true. i still spend just as much time w/her as before. and she absolutely adores my grandson..........

but could this be true?? could she be jealous of them for some reason??

its driving me nutz!
    ......deeply in love with & loved by my Li'l Bit......

TNPUGMOMOF2 is offline Village Royalty

Close the bedroom doors.
    Marci - pugmom to Lola, Bella, Hank & BIG brother Odin the English Mastiff.

Wally 'n' Leto is offline Pugzu Guru

Dogs don't poop in inappropriate places out of spite. She's just decided that's the place to go! I'd go back to potty training 101, lots of opportunities to go out and the best treats in the world when she does go in the right place, and yes, keeping the bedroom doors closed.
    Heather, Mommy to skinkid Toby and furkids Sir Wally of Pugzu and Duke Leto Prancypants the Fragrant.

Also Mom to Archer the Canadian X and Willow the Paint.

Main squeeze of high school sweetie Scot.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

DappleDoxieStaff is offline Village Royalty

Quote Originally Posted by Wally 'n' Leto View Post
    I'd go back to potty training 101, lots of opportunities to go out and the best treats in the world when she does go in the right place, and yes, keeping the bedroom doors closed.
    ^^^ And close the doors & gate off areas of the house she is not supervised in. Dogs react to change oddly. Some regress in toileting, others eating, and some rampant destruction. A little time and retraining, she'll be right as rain.
    Anne

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2050/2197629331_a45c4c5a9f_t.jpg ... & Mandy - The alleged Vicious Beast)

Dynamic Adventures of the DappleDuo

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should just relax and get used to the idea.
    -Robert A. Heinlein

6 Beautiful Pugs is offline Village Caretaker of the Old & Broken

Ahhh...I see Bugsy the Evil Pug has a relative in Texas. Bugsy once pooped a log perfectly down the middle of my youngest son's pillow. You couldn't have placed it more perfectly if you tried. he also enjoys peeing on bags of groceries as they're being carried in from the car.

Take care,
    Lisa
    In a gentle way, you can shake the world.

- Mohandas Gandhi

adenes is offline Village Senator

It's also a sign of anxiety (just read about it in Healthy Pet). I think everyone has great advice!
    Mom to Pugsley-Toad (aka Pug with an emphasis on the U Puuuuuuug) and Maize the snuggle bug boxer/pit mix!

aidycakes is offline Village Mayor

Quote Originally Posted by 6 Beautiful Pugs View Post
    Ahhh...I see Bugsy the Evil Pug has a relative in Texas. Bugsy once pooped a log perfectly down the middle of my youngest son's pillow. You couldn't have placed it more perfectly if you tried. he also enjoys peeing on bags of groceries as they're being carried in from the car.

Take care,
    Lisa

LOL lisa - i just love your comments!

thanx, everyone. i told my daughter to put her butt in the kennel for a bit, if she doesn't poop when she goes outside, and its about time for her to. she's usually pretty good about a pooping schedule, but she most definitely has a stubborn streak in her. so far, it's worked as far as not pooping on the beds. but she has no problem doing it on the floor. like i said - stubborn! she poops outside all the time, too.

we'll see how kennel time works if she doesn't go when outside, but comes in to do it. she despises kennel time-outs.

thanx, again, everyone!
    ......deeply in love with & loved by my Li'l Bit......

evfc is offline Village Governor

Buddy was doing great for the past few weeks and in the past two days he has had some pooping "accidents" on the floor. We have all our carpeted areas blocked off to him so he can't go upstairs to the bedrooms and he is not allowed on the furniture unless we invite him. So far that's been ok. But the pooping in the house, I feel your pain! I am just continuing to be consistent and am making sure he understands that is not the place to go! And when he goes outside I am making a big deal of it. Hopefully we'll be back on track again soon. I notice he is getting more fiesty with age so I think he has hit the "teen" stage. He is testing the boundaries! I am making sure he knows they are still there!

pugaddiction is offline Village Royalty

Huh, I have a 6 year old pug and a 5 year old pug. Found poop in the office yesterday when I got home from work. Nobody would admit to it. Bugsy have you been over to my house?
    Pug Mom to Roxie
    Zoey (March 27, 2005 - February 23, 2015) and Eddie (October 2, 2010 - September 10, 2019) have moved on to the bridge

+ Reply to Thread