My Little Cleo - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: My Little Cleo

barbs pug is offline Village Governor

I agree with tall grass pugs. My cat has thyroid problems and is losing her hair. Missy had an undercoat and just about always shedded like that. Lisa, go with your instincts. I would wait a few months and see how she is doing. Her curly tail is still wagging. If in doubt, you will know what to do. I'm sorry I can't help you more.

aidycakes is offline Village Mayor

Lisa - i worked in several greyhound kennels before, so i've been around them as they've gotten hurt or sick, etc. i've also raised shephards w/my parents, and have had lots of other types of dogs for pets. i've been close when they've been put to sleep for such reasons, etc. in my experience with them, they told us they were ready - for the most part. the looks on their faces, their body actions, etc - they were begging to cross over. they knew they couldn't handle it anymore, and they were tired.

she seems to still be in good spirits. maybe just keep an eye on her for the next few weeks. watch her actions. "Listen" to her. she will tell you how she feels...........

i wish you the best of luck. i hope it all works out for the best for cleo. she's a very beautiful girl. and you are an amazing "mom"........

lots of hugz!
    ......deeply in love with & loved by my Li'l Bit......

Jodelar is offline Village Zookeeper

I recently read that a pet's spirit will start to diminish as the time comes near or the pain becomes unbearable... I still see quite a bit of spirit in that little girl... My thoughts will be with you during this difficult decision...
    Lauren
    www.jodelar.com
    Home of AKC Champion German Shepherds & Standard Dachshunds...AND 3 VERY spoiled PUGS, THE TOOTIE, TUCKER, and TOBY
    The Tootie's Dogster Page: http://www.dogster.com/dogs/626112
    Tucker's Dogster Page: http://www.dogster.com/dogs/626123
    Toby's Dogster Page:http://www.dogster.com/dogs/876560

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

suepug is offline Village Mayor

Lisa, nobody can tell you when its time except Cleo I know it must be so hard for you I watched all the videos and she looks like she still has spunk it dosent look like she is ready but you know her best I am hoping for the best for you and Cleo sending prayers for the both of you

6 Beautiful Pugs is offline Village Caretaker of the Old & Broken

I don't think she is ready either. I have had others that I knew it was time, no doubt about it....but I feel so badly for her, with her courageous spirit and happy personality and the body just giving out on her all over and not being able to give her surgical relief.

I do think the eye infection is a tiny bit better since the end of last week, so maybe the doxy will do it. I will ask him to run a thyroid panel on her.

Take care,
    Lisa
    In a gentle way, you can shake the world.

- Mohandas Gandhi

6 Beautiful Pugs is offline Village Caretaker of the Old & Broken

Poor Baby, she had the infection between her toes go away, then had one pop up on the back of her neck and now her nipple with the small tumor has split open. Still losing hair like crazy, eye still goopey....

But she still trots for her food and picks fights with Peaches (which she loses badly) still waggy.....

I just don't know, but I'm losing hope we can clear up all of the infections that keep cropping up all over her.

Poor little girl.

Take care,
    Lisa
    In a gentle way, you can shake the world.

- Mohandas Gandhi

Rugbysmom is offline Village Royalty

My heart goes out to you! I don't know how you do it, with so many to care for & worry over....bless your heart for doing it, tho! Sending along continued hugs, prayers, & positive thoughts for little Miss Cleo....Rugbysmom

Wysteria is offline Village Puppy

Lisa,
    I was in your position not to long ago with my 16 year old Giant Schnauzer, Tessa. She had all sorts of hip and joint problems, but I was able to keep her comfortable. Her tail kept wagging, she loved her meals, she did her best to follow me around like she always did. I noticed it was getting harder and harder for her to do the things she loved to do. Then one day, she developed a uti. A trip to the vet, and antibiotics, and all that jazz fixed her right up. For a couple of weeks, she seemed to be fine.

And then, one morning, she started peeing blood. Unfortunately, this was the same morning that all hell was breaking loose with Cecil! I was in ICU with him, and my daughter called and told me that Tessa was peeing blood. I did what could for Cecil, and then ran home. When I saw Tessa, she was ... different. The light that had been in her eyes was gone. She didn't carry herself the same way. There was no question she was ready to be let go. Hard as it was for me, my daughter and I took her to the vet and let her go. That was the worst day of my life.

Like everyone else has said, Miss Cleo will let you know when she is ready. She is a very lucky girl to have you.

luluthepug is offline Village Governor

Lisa - So sorry to hear you are still battling these infections with your sweet Cleo. It's so hard when they get old - but you are doing the best you can for her. ALL our pug paws are crossed for you here! ;)

Kara

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234