Moving with a pug
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Moving with a pug

aronnyc is offline Village Puppy

Default Moving with a pug

Hi,

I'm in NYC right now and I might have to move to Seattle in the near future. Do any of you have any recommendations as to what pet movers to use? I would've loved to use Pet Airways but they don't fly into Seattle.

I found a list of suggested movers on this site (Pet Transportation Companies and Movers) and, if any of you used one of these and/or have recommendations on what companies to use, I would greatly appreciate it. I'm not sure exactly how pet movers work and whether they're reliable.

Thanks ahead of time.

- Aaron

KismetPuggies is offline Village VP

Hi Aaron... is there a reason you won't be moving your pug yourself? I'm just curious. I have never used a pet transport company and honestly did not even know they existed. If we are moving, we just take our dogs along with us.. of course, I have never moved clear across the country with them, however when we flew home from Japan, Kicho Na went on the plane with us.

Congrats on the move! The PacNW is the most beautiful place I have ever lived. I hope you like it here if you do for sure move out here. :o)
    Kayte and Crew

Kismet Kennels, Exclusively Pugs

MrsGreene is offline Village Senator

I moved from Missoula, MT, to Syracuse, NY and back with my cats and dog. It was a bit of a pain but not the end of the world. If you are flying, it is possible to take animals on the plane with you if they fit under the seat in a carrier. We drove, though.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

I'm not moving my pug (Plato) myself because of the drive. I do know how to drive and it's been a while and I wouldn't want my first attempt to be a cross-country drive. I'd be a danger to myself and others.

Plato is too big to fit under the seat of the plane, and I've heard enough horror stories about putting your pug in cargo to want to avoid that. So, that was why I was asking about other methods.
    Last edited by aronnyc; 07-23-2011 at 09:23 AM.

pugaddiction is offline Village Royalty

There is a company called Petairways. It is an airline that carries pets, in the main cabin, where they are monitered all the time. I have never used them, so I can not say if they are good or bad. Just saying that there are airlines out there that cater to pets. Good luck.
    Fla. Pugs likes this.
    Pug Mom to Roxie
    Zoey (March 27, 2005 - February 23, 2015) and Eddie (October 2, 2010 - September 10, 2019) have moved on to the bridge

KismetPuggies is offline Village VP

Living out in the boonies, I forget there are people out there who live in cities where cars are not necessary. We take the fact that we have three cars and two trucks (for the three people who live here) for granted. I hope you find the right company for Plato.. LOVE the name btw.
    Kayte and Crew

Kismet Kennels, Exclusively Pugs

I mentioned Pet Airways in my original post. They fly to select cities, and Seattle isn't one of them.

If any one else has had experience moving with pugs, please let me know. I'll keep checking back here.

pugaddiction is offline Village Royalty

Quote Originally Posted by aronnyc View Post
    I mentioned Pet Airways in my original post. They fly to select cities, and Seattle isn't one of them.

If any one else has had experience moving with pugs, please let me know. I'll keep checking back here.
    Sorry, missed that part.
    Pug Mom to Roxie
    Zoey (March 27, 2005 - February 23, 2015) and Eddie (October 2, 2010 - September 10, 2019) have moved on to the bridge

BeachyKeen is offline Village Pet Party Planner

We have used pet ground transport the shelter where I work, but I can't remember the names of the companies. I would ask for references, see how long they have been in business, check the BBB, etc.

Good luck!
    HomerNMarge likes this.
    Patricia
    PV Moderator
    Mom to Phineas and the Fabulous Felines

And always remembering and missing Phoebe, my heart girl

"My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet..." ~ Edith Wharton

Mountain Mom is offline Village Governor

They mentioned Pet Airways on Dogs 101, though not by name. Talked about the in-flight care pets are given, etc. Seems like it might be a good endorsement...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast