is this a pug mix? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: is this a pug mix?

Wally 'n' Leto is offline Pugzu Guru

He is such a cutie! I was thinking pug-peke, but who cares!

We had our supposed pug shih tzu mix tested because there were aspects of his personality that just don't make sense and we're geeks, and he turned out to have a dollop of Airedale and a dollop of mixed terrier in there. Knowing is fun, but it doesn't change how much we love our Wally.

Captain looks like he's the life of the party! He looks really really bright, which can be trouble! :)
    Heather, Mommy to skinkid Toby and furkids Sir Wally of Pugzu and Duke Leto Prancypants the Fragrant.

Also Mom to Archer the Canadian X and Willow the Paint.

Main squeeze of high school sweetie Scot.

mac
    mac is offline Village Puppy

wow so many responses so fast!
    We aren't "worried" about him being mixed, we're just curious and love him so much we want to know all about him ;) Since he's from a rescue we aren't even really sure how old he is (we just got him a couple months ago).
    I looked up Pekingese and it's a possibility, with the ruff of fur! Probably just a tiny percentage of Pekingese in his genetics.
    Thanks everyone so much for the input!

shaynapug is offline True Village Royalty

I think so.......he's a cutie!!!! So glad he's in such a loving home!!!!
    Diane
    Shayna Pugs
    http://www.midmichiganpugclub.com
    Chairperson of PDCA Rescue Committee

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

lotusseeds is offline Village VP

I have no clue, but he is so, so cute!!!!
    Pam, pugmom to Dumpling and human mother to 3

KismetPuggies is offline Village VP

I can't get over that straight on shot with him smiling so huge.. I love a dog that smiles.. My Jonas does, and so does Gracie a little bit.. but the rest of the pugs are not big smilers. I'd have to be kissing Captain's face all the time.
    Kayte and Crew

Kismet Kennels, Exclusively Pugs

Rugbysmom is offline Village Royalty

One thing for sure--he is 100% ADORABLE!
    JenniferJuniper likes this.
    Rugbysmom

Rugby 7/10/02 - 9/28/15 Miss you, little girl! You're always in my heart!

Molly DOB: 7/6/04

mac
    mac is offline Village Puppy

lol he totally knows he is adorable! He tries to run off with anyone we walk by when we go out for walks, and I think he gets offended when people don't want to pet him in the elevator.

Looking at the pekingese pics on this page, the Captain even has the same white markings around his muzzle! Pekingese Information and Pictures, Pekingeses, Peke, Pekes, Pek, Peks I thought it was just aging but maybe it's a pekingese thing.

One last pic for good measure :D

DSC_0038_edit by mackenzieeeee08, on Flickr

JenniferJuniper is offline Village Mayor

First off, welcome to Pug Village!!! I'd say Captain is definitely not a purebred, not sure just what mix he is but he has got to be one of the cutest dogs I've ever seen!! So glad you were able to give this adorable little rescue dog a home!

If you can't live without knowing the genetic background, DNA testing for breed identification is available at many veterinary clinics and the average cost is around $100 dollars.
    He is your friend, your companion, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.”
    “Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.”

Wally 'n' Leto is offline Pugzu Guru

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferJuniper View Post
    First off, welcome to Pug Village!!! I'd say Captain is definitely not a purebred, not sure just what mix he is but he has got to be one of the cutest dogs I've ever seen!! So glad you were able to give this adorable little rescue dog a home!

If you can't live without knowing the genetic background, DNA testing for breed identification is available at many veterinary clinics and the average cost is around $100 dollars.
    Just to update this info, DNA test kits based on self-administered cheek swabs are available online or at some petshops (in the US, anyway) and are less expensive than the vet-done blood test. We used Wisdom Panel because it had the largest variety of breeds and we thought Wally might be part affenpinscher or griffon; it was 70$ and came with 2 swabs to decrease the likelihood of not getting enough cells. It was super easy, you just can't do the swabs right after a meal.

And oh my goodness he's a heartbreaker. I'm in love.
    Last edited by Wally 'n' Leto; 08-02-2011 at 09:36 AM.
    Heather, Mommy to skinkid Toby and furkids Sir Wally of Pugzu and Duke Leto Prancypants the Fragrant.

Also Mom to Archer the Canadian X and Willow the Paint.

Main squeeze of high school sweetie Scot.

JenniferJuniper is offline Village Mayor

Quote Originally Posted by Wally 'n' Leto View Post
    Just to update this info, DNA test kits based on self-administered cheek swabs are available online or at some petshops (in the US, anyway) and are less expensive than the vet-done blood test. We used Wisdom Panel because it had the largest variety of breeds and we thought Wally might be part affenpinscher or griffon; it was 70$ and came with 2 swabs to decrease the likelihood of not getting enough cells. It was super easy, you just can't do the swabs right after a meal.
    Great tip!
    He is your friend, your companion, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.”
    “Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.”

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast