Anal Glands
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anal Glands

barbs pug is offline Village Governor

Default Anal Glands

The other week I had Audrey's anal glands cleaned. She is still doing the scootch on the floor, so I took her to the vets again today. They cleaned them again and she is now starting to do it again. The only thing I have tried different over the last couple of weeks is I am adding carrots and canned green beans (no salt added) to her dry diet food.The diet food is off the shelve and vets said was okay to give her. Could she have allergies to the veggies? She didn't do it till I added them. I was looking for something to give her the full feeling. I saw on here where some of you add the veggies. It's not given her the full feeling like I was hoping for. Any ideas? I just can't constantly take her to the vets, it has to be really bothering her and I'm getting worried.

Tinker's mom is offline Village Royalty

I add organic pumpkin to help firm up the stools and that helps with the glands. I add 1 teaspoon to each meal.
    Jackie,Mom to Robbie & Stacy my human children and Tinker my furkid.

elmsmiss is offline Village Puppy

Betty does this and i have taken her to the vets and they said that everything is fine, but she keeps doing it and is making herself sore a bit, i don't know what to do, but i have been giving her vegetables too, let me know if you find anything out :) xx

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

PugMa is offline Village Admiral

We use pumpkin for loose stools, just watch how she reacts. Don't want her to get "bound" up. You can adjust the pumpkin to give her a firm stool and this should help express the gland as she "expels". She also may have an itchy butt. Have you tried giving her any benedryl? Just a thought.
    Kim
    Ma to Joy
    &
    MuShu & Kaya's Grand"Ma"'

"A dog naps so much because he loves so hard."

Thanks everybody. I'm calling the vets again tomorrow and asking about the benedryl. Will update when I find out.

I called the vets this morning and they said to go ahead and give Audrey benadryl. So I'm going to go buy some childrens benadryl and see how it works.

TNPUGMOMOF2 is offline Village Royalty

I have to clean Bella's "Hoo Haa" about once a week or she will scoot around on it. It looks like the anal glands scoot, but it's her private parts that need to be cleaned. She also used to have gland issues, but the pumpkin solved that problem. I just use baby wipes.
    Marci - pugmom to Lola, Bella, Hank & BIG brother Odin the English Mastiff.

I gave her the first dose of benedryl this afternoon. I did see her scoot a little, but I expected that till the benadryl kicks in. I am giving her 2.5ml, the vets said every 6-8 hours. I am hoping this works, if not the next thing will be pumpkin. Oh what we do for the love we have for our little furry babies. God bless them!

Fla. Pugs is offline Village Royalty

When was the last time she had a stool sample checked? My Bugsy was doing this also. He was on his monthly pill and low and behold he had worms! I almost freaked out.
    Linda~ Bugsy Pug, Millie and Captain Jack our Schnauzers.

Miyaghi~my pug angel, July 27, 2005
    Bubba our sweet pug boy, May 18, 2008
    Luke, May 8, 2012

I've seen Audrey scoot about three or four times today. She did have a stool sample done about five months ago. When they cleaned her glands the other day, I asked about worms. They said she didn't have them. So I guess I will continue with the benadryl for now. She is still eating, taking walks, playing, everything you would except. Keep all fingers and toes crossed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast