Lactose Intolerant
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lactose Intolerant

barbs pug is offline Village Governor

Default Lactose Intolerant

I wrote before about Audrey and her scooting. I have been giving her benedryl for three days now twice a day, 2.5 ml each dose, and she is still scooting. My sister mentioned it could be lactose intolerant because I give her ice cream at night, just licking off the spoon the little I left there! Could that be something that could cause the scooting and the itching she has been having? I'm giving her the dose the vet said to give her.

Wally 'n' Leto is offline Pugzu Guru

Lactose intolerance causes gas typically, not itching, but could be...????
    Heather, Mommy to skinkid Toby and furkids Sir Wally of Pugzu and Duke Leto Prancypants the Fragrant.

Also Mom to Archer the Canadian X and Willow the Paint.

Main squeeze of high school sweetie Scot.

Snifter is offline Moderator/Village Merchant

Could be a sign of food allergies. What do you feed her?

Bella, mummy to Snifter and Toddy!

http://avrilmunson.wordpress.com

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

Pugpillow is offline Village Royalty

Yes, any food can be an allergy source. I know of other dogs who are lactose intolerant and can't have yoghurt either. The most common allergen is grains (notably corn and wheat). Try eliminating them from her meals and treats.

However, scooting often happens when the anal glands are full or impacted. Have you had them emptied recently?
    "You cannot afford to subject your animals, or your children, to medical interventions that you do not understand. The belief system upon which the conventional medical model is founded is so faulty, so corrupt and so dangerous that you simply cannot afford to follow blindly." Catherine O’Driscoll http://www.whale.to/vaccine/driscoll1.html

Hilary & the Pugpillow Gang: Rescues: Denver (10), Tina (7), Murdoch (5) and chihuahua puppy Maximus Spartacus. Always loving my angel-girl Mei-Ling (1994-2009), my cutie-patootie Kim-Soo (1995-2010), my precious Daisy-Bo (1998?-2006), my sweet boyfriend Jake (1997-2010), my little black beauty Betsy (1995-2010), my sweet old grumpy man Gooey (1996-2011), and my sweet gentleman Farnsworth (1998-2012) at the Bridge.

barbs pug is offline Village Governor

I had her anals emptied twice within two weeks. I don't fee her alot, because of her diet. The only thing I added was a little ice cream, and a few bites of bread or peanut butter.

pugtown is offline Village Admiral

Too frequent anal gland emptyings can lead to physical trauma of the duct from the gland. Here's an informative video. The title is "Your pet's Anal Glands." Pet Care and Pet Health Video Library

An article on lactose intolerance:
    Is It OK to Give a Dog Milk or Dairy Products?

+ Reply to Thread