Pug Walker
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Pug Walker

ragamuffin68 is offline Village Mayor

Default Pug Walker

I came home early the other day while our dog walker was at the house and found out that she has been taking pictures and videos of my dog Bunk. Is this creepy, or should be flattered by the idea that someone is so enamored by him that they would save him in their cellphone?
    In addition, I also caught the dog walker with her shoes on in our house, which is something we specifically told her not to do. I don't mind that much, but it is a cultual issue for my girl friend so it does bother me to some extent (I haven't told my girlfriend because she would flip out lol).
    I am a first time dog owner so I may be acting a little over protective, but I kind of feel weird about this and want to make sure we have the right person watching over our little black pug puppy :)
    Bunk really needs someone to watch him during the day though so I think I'll just let it be until something else happens

DappleDoxieStaff is offline Village Royalty

if you are uncomfortable, time will only make this worse
    personally, my photo files are filled with pics of other people's dogs and horses. Plenty of friends and relatives have pics of my critters. No different than taking and sharing pics of the two legged kids in our lives. Your dog walker is Bunk's caretaker ... being that invested in him is a good sign to me.

As to the shoes ... does she know it is cultural, insulting?? She may just have thought you wanted to prevent dirt. As Americans, we wear shoes in the house. It is second nature. Can you perhaps compromise with slippers or booties or flip flops?? I am not crazy about my bare feet on anyone's floor but my own. Respect runs both ways.
    jstpugginalong likes this.
    Anne

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2050/2197629331_a45c4c5a9f_t.jpg ... & Mandy - The alleged Vicious Beast)

Dynamic Adventures of the DappleDuo

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should just relax and get used to the idea.
    -Robert A. Heinlein

ragamuffin68 is offline Village Mayor

That's true, but since we are paying her to walk our dog I think she should respect specific rules for our house.
    You are also right about the picture thing. The more I think about it the more I realize that it is not that big of a deal.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

Tinker's mom is offline Village Royalty

The old adage, honesty is the best policy,still holds true.Talk with her!
    Fla. Pugs likes this.
    Jackie,Mom to Robbie & Stacy my human children and Tinker my furkid.

gemayer is offline Village Princess Puggy Pants

Talk with her there may just be a commuication gap.

Suri is offline Village Secret Super-Star

You got great advice, lots have taken pic of my pugs, I stand out in the area because I have three, Shoes you can ask her kindly, maybe she is rushed, maybe you are very lucky to have her so you may want to overlook it, I don'y wear shoes in most houses but my brother that lives in the, city always weras shoes,never takes them off I just ignore it.

Another solution you can have some slippers for her to wear at your house, buy some inexpensive one at TJ Maxx.
    Susan, mom to Bo, Lucy and Finn

Honoring Sruffy, Maggie Mae, Jenny, Trooper, Kaja,Muff, and Pepper

cookie_monster is offline Village Mayor

I agree, just explain to her the reasons why you don't want her wearing shoes in the house, she might not have even realised she was doing it, as as people have said its second nature.

As for the photos, I would be a bit miffed.... but we're neurotic pug mums and think everyone's out to steal her lol :)

Wally 'n' Leto is offline Pugzu Guru

The thing about shoes in the house cracks me up. I WILL NOT enter someone's house with outside shoes on. I bring a second clean pair, slippers, or wear clean socks. Mind you, being Canadian, if I walked into people's houses I'd be tracking snow in for 5 months and mud for 4. All of my friends are the same as me. A colleague of mine came up here from Missouri for a year, and we had a lot of interesting conversations about her discomfort in taking her shoes off, though she came to see the sense in it and got a cute pair of slippers that she carried everywhere.

I suggest that you offer her soft slippers, and explain that it is verboten to wear shoes in the house no matter what. I would explain the cultural reasons, and also explain that if she is unwilling to follow the rule you will be forced to find another walker for Bunk. Leave the decision to her.
    Heather, Mommy to skinkid Toby and furkids Sir Wally of Pugzu and Duke Leto Prancypants the Fragrant.

Also Mom to Archer the Canadian X and Willow the Paint.

Main squeeze of high school sweetie Scot.

Bustersmom1 is offline Village Senator

I think you've gotten great advice. I think I would not be to worried about the pictures, but if it really concerns you talk to her about it.

As for the shoes, we in Hawaii follow the Japanese tradition of not wearing shoes in the house. They are left outside and our carpets & floors stay pretty clean because we never wear shoes in the house. However, since I am not originally from Hawaii, when my family comes to visit they are not used to this. So, although they do respect that we don't wear shoes in the house I also have on hand newly purchased soft, house slippers for them to wear and they can take them home if they wish ... or keep them here for return visits. I would suggest letting her know why you don't wear shoes in the house and then maybe provide her with something to wear when she comes over.

Godo Luck !

Terminallove is offline Village Mayor

I agree with most- don't worry too much about the pictures. I worked at a boarding facility for years and I took pictures of my favorites and ones I was attached to. Keep in mind, if this is someone who see's your dog regularly...she loves him too. I would be more worried if they DIDNT take pictures. If someone is watching my dog often- they better love him! So all of us at the boarding facility did it- and now as an independent pet sitter..I do the same thing with some of my favorites! And I promise im not creepy- I just really do love them and get attached to them so want to take pics just as I would my own.
    L A Y L A&
    BAUSER, MIIKKA AND PUG BY ASSOCIATION, BANDIT.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast