So we named her..
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: So we named her..

AbbyGus is offline Village Mayor

Default So we named her..

Mom decided on Gracie May! It really seems to fit her. You know how you've known someone or had a preconceived idea about a name and it kind of ruins it for you? That was the problem with Sasha for my mom.

So far so good. The boys are still a little unsure of her but everything has been peaceful. The picture below pretty well sums that up She is very cheerful and sweet. The panting has calmed down some but she does very easily get stirred up then it takes her a very long time to calm down enough to stop. She can sit and possibly speak, but I'm not sure if that was just coincidence. She is a very bad girl about begging..she'll sit and bark at you. I scolded her for it and she wiggled and cowered but continued to beg and bark, just a very very soft little 'muff' instead of a loud one

We go to the vet today for a checkup. I think she may have an ear infection.

The Chicken Lady to Gussie Handsome ~ Bentley Pee Pug ~ Princess Gracie May ~ Skinny Sam

Abby Sweets, never forgotten

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and good with ketchup

6 Beautiful Pugs is offline Village Caretaker of the Old & Broken

Oh I LOVE the last pic!! They are looking at her like she's an alien!

She is a little heavy and losing some weight should help with her breathing. I'd be willing to bet she has a slight collapsing trachea or some sacules too. Just keep her lean and calm and if you can, keep some 5mg. prednisone tablets, benadryl and theophylline or aminophylline around in case she ever has a crisis.

She is beautiful!

Take care,
    Lisa
    In a gentle way, you can shake the world.

- Mohandas Gandhi

Thanks Lisa! Mom mentioned just last night that she thought maybe she might have some collapsed trachea going on. That will be a bummer for sure but nothing that can't be managed. We keep benedryl around for our little allergic Gus.

I think they DO think she's an alien and Ben is acting a little on the anxious side. I'm just making sure to pay lots of attention to him and Gus too. I know everyone will settle in with time.
    The Chicken Lady to Gussie Handsome ~ Bentley Pee Pug ~ Princess Gracie May ~ Skinny Sam

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and good with ketchup

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

Wonka & Nilla is offline Village Dancing Jitterpug

HaHa! That second picture is hilarious!

Gracie May is adorable, love the name. Give her a scratch on the chin from me.
    Village Moderator

Mom to Miss Jelly Bean "Beanie" Licorice Pug
    Forever in our hearts:
    Miss Nilla Sassafras Pug August 17, 2002 to April 19, 2018
    And my Heart-Dog...
    Wonka the Dancing Pug, CGC, W-FD, W-TFD.
    Februrary 11, 2005 to May 10, 2020. Miss you, sweet boy!

Smart Pugs is offline Village Senator

She is so very sweet

Smartie, Audrey, Noah
    and Chihuahua siblings: Kirby, Shadow, Zeta and Fizzy Dave

Oh..one other neat thing I forgot to mention: A lot of her undercoat is fawn! Is that pretty common in black pugs?

PugMa is offline Village Admiral

Oh I just love "Gracie May"! That name really suits her. Never noted that a black pug had fawn undercoat. Our black Smoosh's belly was white, but the hair was black. Hope that makes sense. Hope the vet visit goes well.
    Kim
    Ma to Joy
    &
    MuShu & Kaya's Grand"Ma"'

"A dog naps so much because he loves so hard."

MrsGreene is offline Village Senator

She is a doll. I love the name. Does she seem confused? I honestly think Gracie May fits her better than Sasha. Sasha to me sounds like the name for a tall, lean dog like a borzoi or a greyhound. Hehe. LOVE that last picture. The boys huddled together against the interloper. They are looking at her like she is a dragon, and they taste good with catsup.

tall grass pugs is offline Village Orb Weaver Advocate

Perhaps the fawn under color reflects her need to touch up her roots. Her sit, beg, and bark earned her a few piggy pounds, but those will go away and she will better for it. (Say I having just shared a nibble of toast with the folks on the floor.)

Well, everyone got pieces of french fry the first night, but it was for a good cause. Yes, perhaps a trip to the beautician is in order! I can handle the manicure.

No obvioius confusion on the name, but then I think those names are just what we call them to keep track of who is who. Their real names, the ones they actually come to, are Supper Dish, Cookie, and Chewey.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast