Traveling on airplane with pug under the seat in carrier?
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DappleDoxieStaff

Thread: Traveling on airplane with pug under the seat in carrier?

Ocean girl is offline New to the Village

Default Traveling on airplane with pug under the seat in carrier?

Hi there, I'm hoping someone can give me some advice on flying with a pug. I'm flying to Victora BC from Ottawa in dec on air Canada. There allowance for pet carriers in 10 and a half inches high. The one I bought today is 11 and a half but it's a soft carrier and can squish more if needed. So I called air Canada to inquire if it would pass and he said probably not, it has to be 10 and a half. So, my question is, has anyone here flown with there pug and what kind of pet carrier do you have.

DappleDoxieStaff is offline Village Royalty

I flew with two doxies in the same soft side from Tulsa to San Diego and back on SouthWest. This is the carrier I used http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001D12K6M
    It is slightly bigger than the measurements for SW seats ... and we sailed through the flights. the flight attendants never said a word about the carrier, nor did the check in crew. They certainly did not whip out a measuring tape to see if it was in 'code'
    Out of curiosity, when I got back ... I called southwest at their 1-800 number and was told that the carrier was too big, I could not have two doxies, I could not stow the luggage carrier in the overheads .... all of which I had just done the week before.
    My opinion is that the 1-800 folks don't work the plane, and are far two rigid in interpreting the rules ... and have no idea how things really work.

Good Luck!! :-)
    Anne

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2050/2197629331_a45c4c5a9f_t.jpg ... & Mandy - The alleged Vicious Beast)

Dynamic Adventures of the DappleDuo

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should just relax and get used to the idea.
    -Robert A. Heinlein

Libby2 is offline Village Admiral

The above is interesting to know. I've often wondered about airline travel with Spanky. I hadn't thought much of the carrier, but I have checked under the seats thinking, how in the world can I squish him under there? And he's on the small side too - 15 pounds.

Bottoms Up!
    Spanky & Libby

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

DappleDoxieStaff is offline Village Royalty

**checked under the seats thinking, how in the world can I squish him under there?**

I built a little box to simulate the storage ... and two doxies (18 and 13 pounds) fit under there with their carrier
    Was it roomy and luxurious ... no. But with benedryl and ice chips and practice - my boys did just fine. It is only a few hours of their life and they readily forgave me to be with me.
    Libby2 likes this.
    Anne

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2050/2197629331_a45c4c5a9f_t.jpg ... & Mandy - The alleged Vicious Beast)

Dynamic Adventures of the DappleDuo

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should just relax and get used to the idea.
    -Robert A. Heinlein

+ Reply to Thread