Picking up Poop - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Picking up Poop

shaynapug is offline True Village Royalty

I travel to dog shows and stay in motels.....I always pick up the poop (do it in my yard most times right away) I do find it's the bigger dog people...and some others that don't! It's maddening to step in it....and.....It's making staying in motels with dogs more expensive and harder to find ones that do even with the extra $$$.
    Diane
    Shayna Pugs
    http://www.midmichiganpugclub.com
    Member of PDCA Rescue Committee

Pat's Crew is offline Village Question Asker

I carry poop bags with me everywhere. I get the biodegrable type and you can flush down the bags in the toilet ...
    I pick up after 4 dogs here and 2 of them are bullies
    it is the law...you have to pick up after your dogs..........here
    no big deal..

i see lots of people that do not do it though and they are mostly the ones that walk at night when they are NOT NOTICED in the dark..
    A pugs world is full of play and sleep and of course good food.........

pugaddiction is offline Village Royalty

Always pick up my own no matter where I am and have been known to pick up stray poops along the way. I can't stand it when people don't pick up their own dogs poop. There is a school right behind us and an athletic park where the kids play at lunch time and recess. People don't pick up their poop and the poor kids either step in it and carry it in to the school or they fall in it. Personally I think it is very unhealthy for dog and human.
    Pug Mom to Chester
    Zoey, Eddie and Roxie have moved on to the bridge

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

CountryPug is offline Village Pug Pony & Brittany Wrangler

The one time I did not pick up after my dog at the hotel we were staying at, was when I got caught after dark without a poop bag. Went to get one and when I came back, couldn't find the poop because it was dark. First thing the next morning, I went back and found the missing and picked it up

Christa, Mom to Toby, Kelsey, Summer & Ellie Mae

missing Riley and Roxy, who are at the bridge
    and my precious Bella 11-2-07 - 05-6-12

WinniePug is offline Village Mayor

Winnie only goes in our backyard, but there are some in our upscale neighborhood that don't pick up after themselves. I hate this! So much so, that I am in the process of setting up a motion-sensitive camera aimed at my front yard to catch the culprit - then they'll get their gift right back. Clean up after your pets - it's part of being a responsible owner.
    WinniePoo, Winston, Silly, Silliness, Peanut head, Chubbiness, Chubby, ChubbyGirl, Big Baby, WinstonPoo....

mick66 is offline Village Mayor

I always have three poop bags with me when I take my dog for a walk and after dark I always have a flashlight with me. I used to carry two because sometimes she'd double poop, but one time she triple pooped and I had to walk for blocks home to get a bag then go back and pick it up.
    I believe I mentioned on here that I only like one specific kind of bag for this purpose, otherwise I'd just carry a roll of bags in one of those bone shaped dispensers with me.
    If I see someone allowing there dog to poop on property that isn't there's I'll let them know very loudly that it's illegal and that I think they are a &%$# pig.
    Last edited by mick66; 11-06-2011 at 12:50 AM.

*Leenie* is offline Village VP

I always pick up after my dog. And when I see someone who lets their dog poop and walk away, I go up to them hand them an empty bag and say "im sure you just ran out" Its worth doing just for the evil looks I get.
    CSollers likes this.

Russ is offline Village Royalty
    Northern Virginia-Fear is the mind-killer.Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.

This is a pooper of a thread ;)

Anyone that can come up with a foolproof, or even a 50/50 method to teach dogs to use a toilet, and flush, would free us from the poop patrol. Lots of smart folks here, surely someone :)

Looks like today will be a light poo day here, Mz Tilly is off her feed again <sigh>

snowsprite is offline Village Mayor

Once I had to walk home and get a bag and go back to collect the poop, I had forgotten to grab bags on the way out of the door. Another time, I only grabbed a couple of bags and ran out, I just walked to to the end of the park and took one from the public baggie dispenser - our city is very good at providing these 'stations' and keeping them stocked.
    It disgusts me that with the abundance of free baggies and garbage receptacles, that so many owners can't be bothered to pick up after their dogs.

CSollers is offline Village Sugar Daddy

We live in the 'burbs and always have bags in our pockets, even when not walikg our furkids.Most of the neighbors arfe pretyy good about it except for next door. They have two dogs they just let out of the house when the need arises.The dogs just go where they may, usually in there own yard , sometimes in ours. Rather than fued with our neighbors, I just pick it up when I see it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast