Zoey and Eddies new friend didn't like them.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Zoey and Eddies new friend didn't like them.

pugaddiction is offline Village Royalty

Default Zoey and Eddies new friend didn't like them.

Had a little party last night, kinda still feel the effects of it, lol. A couple brought over their new rescued dog named Chewy. He is a 3 year old white multi-poo something or other. They made the biggest mistake by carrying in this little guy rather than walking him in on a leash. I did request it but they didn't. Of course you all know Eddies reaction to new MEN so he was screaming. Once they put Chewy down on the floor Eddie and Zoey did their normal sniff and thats when all heck broke loose. Chewy doesn't like them, he growled so Zoey stepped back but of course Eddie can't hear all that well so continued with the sniffing and Chewy attacked. Poor Ed was left to defend himself until mommy could reach in and grab without getting bit. Eddie was horrified for the rest of the night. He did try to make friends one more time but Chewy lunched so he wouldnt go near him after that, he just stayed in between my feet, poor guy. Zoey tried a few more times but got growled at so she eventually stayed away also. I suggested that maybe Chewy needed to get into some socialization classes and they did agree. I have never seen that side of Eddie, he is usually the aggresser, trying to dominate and hump of course but not this time. I was kinda proud of him that he took the hint, big hint, and just stayed away. Had a great time otherwise, and rang in the new year with some great friends. Hope everyone else stayed safe and had a good time. HAPPY NEW YEAR.
    Pug Mom to Chester
    Zoey, Eddie and Roxie have moved on to the bridge

tall grass pugs is offline Village Orb Weaver Advocate

Oh dear, poor Eddie. It may take him awhile to get over it.

bnwebm is offline Village VP

Sigh, why do people allow their dogs to become aggressive like that? I do agree with the picking up thing and I believe it makes other dogs perceive a challenge for alpha (eg: the taller dog is larger, and therefore stronger). When i'm at the dogpark, I avoid going near people who carry their little dogs because it makes the dogs on the ground nuts, and aggressive.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

Pat's Crew is offline Village Question Asker

that is a huge issue with Gus...he hates anything above his head that has 4 legs..lol anything. that is never a good thing with a normally alpha type dog..esepcially a deaf one here. people know put the dog down..gus is perfectly fine with all the dogs that he meets as long as they are his eye level..the same with the pugs..too
    A pugs world is full of play and sleep and of course good food.........

+ Reply to Thread