Please Help / Advise Wanted - Getting a new foster pug
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please Help / Advise Wanted - Getting a new foster pug

hollaatgates is offline New to the Village

Default Please Help / Advise Wanted - Getting a new foster pug

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the Pug Forum and a proud owner of a 2 1/2 year old little black pug named Tallulah who is like my child. I've been debating getting a second pug and have decided that fostering is the way to go (at least for the time being.) I've signed up with my local pug rescue and am getting my first foster next week, a 6 year old fawn female pug.

The reason I posted this is because to take in the foster pug I'm having to put down an additional $600 with my apartment complex in pet fees and a deposit. In order to offset the cost I entered the t-shirt design contest at the apartment (which has a grand prize of $500.)

If you all wouldn't mind taking 10 seconds to vote for my design (#18) at Windsor on The Lake Apartments Austin, TX I would be so appreciative. There's no sign-ups or anything- literally just takes a click.

Also- if anyone has any advise for me, the foster pug I'm getting was used to being an outside dog and is now going to be an inside dog. Any suggestions for making this transition as smooth as possible for the little pup?

Thank you all!

Tinker's mom is offline Village Royalty

Hello & to the village! Fostering is a great idea but you are aware there are many foster failures! You may not be able to give her back! Good luck!
    Jackie,Mom to Robbie & Stacy my human children and Tinker my furkid.

Adéloise is offline Village Puppy

Quote Originally Posted by hollaatgates View Post
    The reason I posted this is because to take in the foster pug I'm having to put down an additional $600 with my apartment complex in pet fees and a deposit. !
    This makes me grrrrrrr....!! Do people have to pay to have a second human kid?? Sorry, I needed to vent!!!
    Good luck for the contest, I will vote!!

You will not regret having your second pug and congratulation for getting a foster pug!!!
    I don't think your pug will "suffer" the transition, he will probably "follow" your first one!

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

Thank you both for your support! And I completely know what you're saying Adeloise- it's such a crazy amount of money to put down especially since I already put that amount down for Tallulah once. I'm sure I'll get attached to the little foster pug but am looking forward to transitioning her to her forever home and am just trying to keep that mindset! Plus, that will enable me to keep fostering since if I adopted her I wouldn't be able to continue fostering (they apartment has a two pet limit.)

How did ya'll add a picture of your pug to your profile?

Spud is offline Village Governor

You have my vote for sure. Anything to help another pug and pug lover by the simple click is way to easy.

Pug Ranch is offline Village Mayor

Your new pug will follow as they just seem to do don't worry as all will be fine and i think that is alot you'd think they'dgive someone a break who helps out and gives these babes a home filled with love some are out to make a few extra dollars,well anyway i wish you all the best please keep us updated.

Littlegirl is offline Village Mayor

Voted for you. You are well in the lead by a landslide btw.
    Thanks for taking the time to foster!

Sean

Thank you all so much for your help! I can't tell you how appreciative I am. A few of you have mentioned that the new (foster) pug will likely follow my pug that I own... is that true even though the foster pug is going to be about four years older than my pug? I guess I'm thinking of this like children and how the younger child will usually follow the older one.

shasha13 is offline Village Puppy

I voted! Good luck!!
    Krisha,
    owned by Dozer and Sassy

Buddy's Mom is offline Village Admiral

I voted as well. Good luck in the contest and thank you for fostering.
    Jennifer

Owned by: Buddy 11-22-03 - 4-17-14 RIP My Buddy, Oscar 1-18-09, & Sophie 4-08-10 - 10-08-15 RIP Sweet Sophie, Elmer Chihuahua 10-6-12, & Otto Chihuahua 11-28-14, 2 Fabulous Kitties, Wife to Chris and Mom to Ryan!

"The animals of the world exist for their own reasons. They were not made for humans any more than blacks were made for whites or women for men." Alice Walker

"Ever consider what pets must think of us? I mean, here we come back from a grocery store with the most amazing haul - chicken, pork, half a cow. They must think we're the greatest hunters on earth!" ~Anne Tyler

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast