Where does your pug(s) sleep? - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Where does your pug(s) sleep?

Blademaker is offline Village Governor
    You lock the door, and throw away the key, there's someone in my head, but it's not me.....

Chloe and Evie sleep downstairs in their kennel.
    Chloe snores so bad, I couldn't sleep in the same room with her.

aidycakes is offline Village Mayor

Li'l sleeps with me in bed. heaven forbid the nites she has to sleep in her kennel because she keeps me awake when she is too hyper to sleep. that's like the end of the world for her! not to mention i really miss her when she's not cuddled up against my butt, under the blankets, to keep me warm.

i'm hoping she still gets to sleep with me once i move in w/my bf in 3 months. he absolutely adores her - calls her his bug-eyed little girl. but she takes awhile to wind down when it's bedtime. she has to have her 20-30 min of playtime w/me. even without me playing, she still manages to be wound up, and chewing on the blankets or aggravating the kitties at the end of the bed. she's gotta be doing SOMETHING before she agrees to go to sleep.

i love it, though. wouldn't trade it for the world. love feeling her soft, little warm body curled up against me, snoring ever so lightly. it's just irreplaceable. :)
    kimsanchez likes this.
    ......deeply in love with & loved by my Li'l Bit......

Mom to Lucy is offline Village Admiral

Ours both sleep in/on the big bed with us. We've tried to teach them to sleep with our son, but they always end up back in our bed.
    Suri likes this.
    Christine Honorary Pug Parent. Wrangler of Bunny the crazy EP, mom to one human child, wife to a wonderful hubby, and entertained by a couple of fishies.
    Forever missing our Bugsy Francis - 04/13/05 - 05/24/17 and Lucy Loo - 10/13/2005 - 12/27/2020.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

Suri is offline Village Secret Super-Star

My son wants Scruffy to sleep with him, even if she starts with him, she always end up back with us.

I have often told people sleep is overrated!
    Susan, mom to Bo, Lucy and Finn

Honoring Sruffy, Maggie Mae, Jenny, Trooper, Kaja,Muff, and Pepper

Raynebowpug is offline Village Puppy

I have both pugs in bed with me and my boyfriend, occasionally a kid. LOL Between all 3 of them snoring, i do wear earplugs, and have a LOUD sound machine next to the bed!!! LOL
    As far as it causing dominance issues, I think that depends on the dog. I had a pug/lab mix here for about a month. She slept in the bed with us. She started growling at my kids when she was asleep, I figure, ok, you are grumpy sleeper, you can sleep in your kennel during the day when you need rest. And then, it happened. She sh*t on MY pillow, DEAD CENTER! That was the ultimate slap in my face, the one thing you NEVER do to ANYONE! That was my last straw. (there were a LOT of other issues with her personality, she was locked in a basement for about a year and pretty much ignored. Didn't find that out til later, and I KNEW if I gave her back to the woman I got her from, she would still be in that basement!! I found a no kill shelter about 2 hours away from me, brought her up there, along with a big bag of food, and one of the XXL kennels, I didn't have any money to donate, and so I gave her what we had to help her out. She was a really nice woman, her place was clean and well kept. She was adopted into a home that better suited her needs and seems to be doing great there! I unfortunately, with 4 kids, didn't have the time to work on a dog like her. I knew that in the proper home, she would be perfect. My house was a little too intense for her. Ellie, are recently adopted billion dollar pug, lol, has been great here since day one!)

Leonardo Dipuglio is offline Village Puppy

Leo sleeps in his crate downstairs in the kitchen. He is 14 weeks old and has been down there since night night number three after we brought him home at 8 weeks. He screamed for the first two nights in our bedroom.I think it was worse for him seeing us and not being able to touch us. He is familiar with the kitchen..Its his room until potty trained. Every night he goes in his "house" quite happily and is snoring before we shut lights down lol! I have two cats and their sleeping spot is our bed.. I am trying to give them their space and keep things somewhat normal for them.

Russ is offline Village Royalty
    Northern Virginia-Fear is the mind-killer.Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.

Mz Tilly sleeps in my bed, she insists.

Littlegirl is offline Village Mayor

Sophie and Stella both sleep in our beds. We tried to crate train Sophie for the first 3 nights and it was horrible. She screamed the whole night only sleeping for about 20 minutes every few hours, then screamed again. We didnt give in tlll the third night when we decided we would put her up there "once" just so we could sleep. She got in bed, passed out in 2 minutes and slept till we got up. Well, after that she never left. Sounds like 98% of all the other "we gave it shot stories" out here

Usually they sleep between us curled up with each other. Usually they end up sideways and I just push them around to make more room for us. They don't care either, they just rag doll and go back so snoring. Lately Sophie has been sleeping on the outside edge of the bed snuggled into me and Stella stays in the middle. So I got a 40lb pug body pillow around me. Sometimes it gets uncomfortable, but I wouldn't have it any other way! I love to hear them breathing, snoring and find it incredibly comforting and relaxing to have them there to pet.

Plus when I get up for work and they are still sleeping with Pam, I come back and snuggle them before I leave. Sleepy pugs are the most cuddly creatures ever! I always love down the pugs, and then give Pam a kiss goodbye. She jokes about knowing where she is in the pecking order. I tell her that the pugs never tell me how messy I am

Sean

P.S - We put an old sheet on our bed before we go to sleep to protect the duvet cover from pug debris such as drool, eye boogies and random pug secretions....
    Last edited by Littlegirl; 03-06-2012 at 07:53 AM.

m&mluvpugs is offline Village Puppy

Our pugs sleep in their crate in the kitchen, every now and then, we do let them sleep in the big bed with us.

We let them on the bed in the morning when getting ready for work, and also in the evenings just before bed - I like this, because they warm up the bed like a couple of heat bags, very cozy for those cold nights.

Quote Originally Posted by Littlegirl View Post
    P.S - We put an old sheet on our bed before we go to sleep to protect the duvet cover from pug debris such as drool, eye boogies and random pug secretions....
    That is a great idea - I feel like i'm constantly washing the duvet cover from all the 'pug debris' :)

sugarskullz is offline Village Adornista & SugarSkull Junkie

Mine both sleep in their own crates in the spare bedroom. Hubby won't let them sleep in the bed and doesn't like Lola's snoring, hence the spare room. I on the other hand, much prefer her snoring to Hubby's and would love to have them in the bed. Hubby also doesn't let them on his lap, so they are totally velcroed to me!
    Don't get me wrong, he really does like the pugs, he just isn't the smooshy, fawn all over, type of guy. He's also more of a big dog kind of guy!
    **Patrice - owned by Miss Lola Falana**

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast