Where does your pug(s) sleep?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Where does your pug(s) sleep?

Jellybean is offline New to the Village

Default Where does your pug(s) sleep?

Hi,

Im new to the forum but wanted to get peoples advice on where their pugs sleep. I keep reading that dogs shouldn't sleep on the bed and I wanted to know where other peoples pugs slept? Our little pug Jellybean has a bed in our bedroom that she usually starts the night in but when I wake up in the morning shes always on the end of our bed, she must sneak up in the middle of the night! I've read that this can make her think were not her 'masters' but shes never shown any aggression/dominance and she will be 5 soon, she's quite happy for us to kick her off and back in her bed if we notice her but I do love a morning cuddle in bed with her. Just wanted to know where everybody elses pugs slept :)

Tinker's mom is offline Village Royalty

Hello & to the village! Tinker has from day one slept in bed with us! Sometimes under the covers sometimes on top.I'd miss the pug snore if she didn't sleep with us.
    Jackie,Mom to Robbie & Stacy my human children and Tinker my furkid.

Jellybean is offline New to the Village

Haha, I agree with the snoring, people have said to me doesnt it annoy me but I actually love it! Atleast I know she is asleep and not causing mishcheif somewhere!
    Mom to Lucy likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

gimpydimp is offline Village VP

Our oldest pug has always slept with us, but our two other pugs sleep in their crates at night. The youngest one gets very jealous that the oldest one sleeps with us and puts up quite a fuss when Otis goes upstairs at night, but since he's always slept with us we just can't suddenly stop having him there. In the future, we will not have any dogs with us at night because it does affect the quality of our sleep.
    Cindy
    Our Grumble: Tucker, Otis 2.0 and Toby (I had peanuts)

Daisyduke12 is offline Village Mayor

On the bed! Roxy lives with my grandparents so she is very spoiled,lol. When she is at my house she squeezes in with me and my 2 labrador retreivers.

Spud is offline Village Governor

In the bed... I started the dog training yesterday, the trainer also said they can have dominance/aggression issues and suggests not having your dog sleep with you.

pugaddiction is offline Village Royalty

Ours have always slept in the big bed with us, under the blankets between Hubby and I. I have no dominance or aggression towards us here. Wouldn't have it any other way.
    Pug Mom to Chester
    Zoey, Eddie and Roxie have moved on to the bridge

sally-uk is offline Village Puppy

On the bed. Ho hum! This will change once we move from a flat to a house... She says.
    After cleaning sick off the bed sheets a couple of times enough is enough!! It's exactly like having children.

We are house sitting at the mo and reg is sleeping in the kitchen. It is heaven to not be woken up at 6am with reg snuffling in my ear, treading on my hair and licking my pillow! The trouble is once we are back home he knows where we are as it's a tiny flat. Grr!

I must admit I do like him on the bed with us (he always starts in his bed then sneaks up on us during the night!)

Along with house sitting we have been Labrador sitting too. It's hillariois how reg has got a bit more independence since being here with the other dogs. He copies almost everything they do, this includes trying to lick the dirty dishes in the dishwasher, and trying to hop up in the boot when going to the park. They've been like children. As soon as one of the other dogs pick up one of his toys, reg decides he wants it!!! Haha.

So, reg sleeps in the big bed at home and kitchen while we are house sitting. Trust me, kitchen=peaceful night all round!!

CSollers is offline Village Sugar Daddy

Default Who's bed is it anyhow?

Quote Originally Posted by Spud View Post
    In the bed... I started the dog training yesterday, the trainer also said they can have dominance/aggression issues and suggests not having your dog sleep with you.
    I call BS on this theory as it pertains to Pugs. How often do you hear of Pug/Human aggression due to dominance issues.
    Our Pugs allow SWMBO and I to share the big bed with them. I need the Pug Snuggling to de-stress and couldn't sleep without the snores.
    Much to Cesar's chagrin, the whole Dominance/Alpha role theory has been seriously questioned, if not debunked, lately.
    Last edited by CSollers; 03-04-2012 at 06:50 PM.
    Chris, owned by Minni the diva, and "Sugar" Ray the ever hungry.
    Ray has since crossed the bridge but stays forever in my heart. I love you, Boo Boo. Oscar Wilde Thang has joined the family.
    DH to Ellen , DD to Lindsay and Carrie

Suri is offline Village Secret Super-Star

All three sleep with us in bed, and I wouldn't have it any other way. No dominance issues here. Pugs rule the house.
    Lu Ci and Ri Ki and CSollers like this.
    Susan, mom to Desi, Lucy and Finn

Honoring Sruffy,Bo, Maggie Mae, Jenny, Trooper, Kaja,Muff, and Pepper

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast