Where does your pug(s) sleep? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Where does your pug(s) sleep?

PugMa is offline Village Admiral

All my dogs sleep in their own crates in the living room. But not because of dominance issues. I am such a light sleeper that I get no rest if the dogs are in there. Though I have tried a few times, I just can't do it. My grandpuggies sleep IN the bed with their mom and dad. When they come to visit Granny, they share the same crate at night. There are times now that my daughter WISHES she had not started the pugs sleeping with her. I laugh at her because it's her own fault. They are perfectly crate trained at Grandma's house. We have no dominance issues with the pugs.
    AMC7181 likes this.
    Kim
    Ma to Joy
    &
    MuShu & Kaya's Grand"Ma"'

"A dog naps so much because he loves so hard."

gemayer is offline Village Princess Puggy Pants

In the bed can't sleep without the pug snore

AMC7181 is offline Village Governor

I'm with PugMa; as much as I love my boys, it'd be impossible for me to get a decent night's sleep with the Pugs in bed. They have their own beds in a penned-in area, approx 6'x8', in our family room. It's their safe place and they seem perfectly content there. Every once in awhile they'll nap with me in the big bed, but hubby doesn't appreciate the dog hair left behind. :)

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

Spud is offline Village Governor

Quote Originally Posted by CSollers View Post
    I call BS on this theory as it pertains to Pugs. How often do you hear of Pug/Human aggression due to dominance issues.
    Our Pugs allow SWMBO and I to share the big bed with them. I need the Pug Snuggling to de-stress and couldn't sleep without the snores.
    Much to Cesar's chagrin, the whole Dominance/Alpha role theory has been seriously questioned, if not debunked, lately.
    That was kind of my thoughts about it. As far as Cesar, I can't stand his show. They have results but you can't tell me the first time he does that stupid shhhh thing every single dog is like oh I gotta listen to him.

Lola's Mum is offline Village Governor

Spud - I don't know, I'm a Cesar-believer. I think it's all about his confidence and state of mind. My personal trainer's hubby is a dog trainer (also spanish -haha) and I've seen similar happen with my dog and him...it's crazy what he can make her do. I guess I think more how the dogs do AFTER Cesar leaves though...

Lola sleeps in her crate in my bedroom. Mostly b/c she's still young and I want to know if anything happens. Maybe I will move her to the living room full time when she's a bit older. I am a light sleeper so I don't know if I ever want her sleeping in my bed.
    I'm Caryn, from Charlotte, NC...

My pug, Lola, is 7 months old :) Follow Lola on Facebook!

Spud is offline Village Governor

Lola - I think its neat a lot of the issues he can resolve I am impressed by that. I just doubt his shhh is really like that. I think there is some training done off camera. Maybe I'm wrong.

Hellas is offline Village Admiral

Sadly for Cesar Millan, there is absolutely no scientific basis for his explanations to dog behaviour. Quite the contrary in fact. He is right about some things IMO. One is that dogs need excercise for their bodies and brains. A multitude of problems can be avoided by providing those simple things. The other thing is that your own energy makes a difference. If you're insecure or stressed, your dog will feel it and respond. This is just common sense and applies to all interaction between sentient beings. His 'magic results' using a leash are based on causing the dog pain and/or anxiety, which is cruel. I want a dog to think for himself and to take initiatives. I use that for dog training. Cecar's methods creates dogs that shut down, because they are afraid of communicating, as experience has shown them that it causes pain or discomfort.

The whole spiel about hierachy and dogs trying to take the leadership role is nonsense. The deal is that you have to build a respectful relationship with your dog, where he trusts you to protect him and to make good decisions. You need to make sure that the good behaviours are rewarding and the bad behaviours are not. My dogs sleep in the bed with us and are well behaved, loving little creatures. It is very natural for the members of a pack to snuggle and pugs are born snugglers. Mine are not happy unless they're as close to me as possible. As I write this, they're both asleep on my lap. My dogs have never so much as growled at me and would not dream of being aggressive toward any human in any way.
    Proud mama to puggies Winston and Ozzie, Slatan the Cat and Zino the horse.

ILuvMyPug is offline Village Puppy

If it were my choice, she would be sleeping in bed with me...but, because she sheds so much, it would not be a good thing. I don't mind her snoring, though...I find it quite amusing. Nonetheless, she sleeps with one of our other dogs, Jack(who would have a fuss if she wasn't in there with him. Jack requires a lot of attention).
    The proud mama of three wonderful pups

Walter, Cockapoo, age 10
    Jack, Italian Sheepdog/Poodle mix, age 2
    AND
    My dearest Penny Pup, a true Princess, age 7

Sunshyne is offline Village VP

Chloe sleeps in my bed, and sometimes in my daughter's bed. She cuddles right up next to us under the blankets, and as others have said, I wouldn't have it any other way. She doesn't snore much, and the shedding is whatever.... I wash my sheets once a week anyways and dog hair gets everywhere no matter how much I clean!

She is so funny, on the weekends I try to sleep in and she will lay in bed until noon if I let her! She gets so cozy and comfy that I swear she would hold her pee all day :) (Of course I take her out as soon as we get up, don't worry!). I think if she was in a crate or in a dog bed she would be up much earlier and I don't mind her in the bed with me at all.
    eliman likes this.
    Me on Facebook, my Love/Hate website:
    http://www.facebook.com/editaccount....62&ref=profile

Pat's Crew is offline Village Question Asker

I got one bulldog and 2 pugs with me
    got them trained to use the one side of the bed now and me the other....lol
    usually do not wake up that way though...
    A pugs world is full of play and sleep and of course good food.........

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast