Black Pugs with White Paws and/or chests?
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By 6 Beautiful Pugs
  • 3 Post By zoes mama

Thread: Black Pugs with White Paws and/or chests?

WannabePugMom is offline Village Puppy

Default Black Pugs with White Paws and/or chests?

Hello everyone:

I have not visited the forums in awhile. Things changed (I went to college) and I had to put my search for a pug on hold. But I have started my search again.

I have been browsing around the web, making calls and arranging days to meet pups or a young pug. Since I have started my new pug search I have noticed a lot of black pugs around with white on their chests and/or paws. (I've included a photo below) Is this unusual for a black pug? Does this mean they are not a pure pug?

Thank you for the information!

shaynapug is offline True Village Royalty

It is considered a major fault! Recessive....two dogs not good together. If there's a lot of white, the dog should not be bred.

Someone might know where the white comes from.....

Fawns get white paws too.
    Diane
    Shayna Pugs
    http://www.midmichiganpugclub.com
    Chairperson of PDCA Rescue Committee

WannabePugMom is offline Village Puppy

I don't mind having a pet stock pug as long as it is in good health. I just don't want a mix because I have researched pugs quite a bit and feel like they are an ideal breed for my family and I. But with a mixed breed I'm concerned it could be less pug and more the other breed(s) when it comes to their personality and the other bree(s) may not be ideal for my family and I.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

PugMa is offline Village Admiral

They are precious. If you are concerned with the white, you may want to seek a breeder that breeds to standard. But then again, those pups are here now, they can't help what they look like and they need a good home. I'm wondering if the breeder is charging a competitive price for these pups? Or if they are less expensive because of their faults?
    Kim
    Ma to Joy
    &
    MuShu & Kaya's Grand"Ma"'

"A dog naps so much because he loves so hard."

6 Beautiful Pugs is offline Village Caretaker of the Old & Broken

I would look for pugs who's parents are at the very least both AKC registered. You may pay more for pugs bred to breed standard by a show breeder, and I'm sure you don't care if they have white paws or a lot of white on the chest, HOWEVER, if the breeder is breeding to standard, they are also a lot more likely to be breeding for health (and temperament) as well...so you may pay more upfront, but get a dog that costs you less over their lifetime. No guarantee, but it is a bit of an assurance.

Take care,
    Lisa
    In a gentle way, you can shake the world.

- Mohandas Gandhi

Katie <3 Nano is offline Village Senator

I know with our pug Nano, we went to meet the breeder and met both of his parents. They were both fawn, pure bred pugs (the Daddy was just a sweetheart!), but the litter came out with black pugs, each with white marks on their chests. Nano has had no health issues at all, has a great temperament, and is everything we hoped for in a pug :) I know he is just under a year, so maybe it's early to say about his health, but so far so good. I don't know if this is always the case, I do not know enough about pug breeding to say, but this has just been my experience so far.
    Pug Momma to Nano the Handsome!

zoes mama is offline Village Puppy

wow that pup looks so much like my Zoe, I am not sure if Zoe is a purebread but she acts like a pug from the stories I have read. She is a very loving outgoing little babe who just wants to be around people and other animals all the time. I like the white the paws and chest but I wasn't looking for a pup to show or bread I just wanted a pup to add to our family and I think I made a pretty good choice.

+ Reply to Thread