puppy turning into perfect pug...
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: puppy turning into perfect pug...

Cat Denby is offline Village Puppy

Default puppy turning into perfect pug...

so Cody turned 10 months last wednesday. i swear it's like he KNOWS this and is acting accordingly. it's almost freaky how different he's been in the last several days, mellowing a little more every day into this lazy sweetheart who is nothing like the crazy puppy we've been chasing around for months. if he weren't still eating, drinking, peeing, pooping, and occasionally trying to hump his older sister Cheyenne, i'd think he was sick! today he's been sweet and funny and has even spent nearly an hour asleep next to big sis without pestering her. people told me that male pug puppies can be like this - wild animals that suddenly turn into sweet little lumps of lazy love, but i didn't think it would continue to happen in these big spurts. he did the same thing at 7 1/2 months, changing from needing to be crated when we try to work in the office to being pretty trustworthy by himself almost overnight. now we're doing it again - we have all these "play sessions" built into every day, and he just really doesn't seem to need them, and mostly either wants to cuddle or chew on his bone quietly instead during his old play times. and i'm very happy, and a little nostalgically sad, too. i think this puppy is going to be a very special dog, and i'm delighted to finally see all those months of training and constant care paying off. i suppose a little part of me is melancholy that his puppy days are coming to a close. either way, all our hopes for him are coming true - and hopefully that will continue. wish me luck!

Last edited by Cat Denby; 09-24-2012 at 12:57 PM.

myboysRmylife is offline Village Admiral

Such great photos; love the absolute joy on his face in the first =) I'll wish you luck, but I don't think you need it.
    Cat Denby likes this.

Loopythepug is offline Village Senator

Mine is also 10 months but he still is pretty wild! I can relate to this though, he's a lot calmer and prefers to cuddle rather than running around and being naughty all the time. When he goes wild it takes a 5-10min playtime and he's fine afterwords. He behaves perfectly in public (he's never been bad to be honest) and he's surprisingly obedient. It's so nice to see them growing and realize how much their personalities change. I have a feeling my little guy will be a puppy for quite a while though.
    Best wishes for you guys! :)
    Frida likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

thanks! the big puppy is my husband. the little happy one is Cody!
    Lu Ci and Ri Ki likes this.

@Loopythepug - yeah, don't get me wrong, Cody is still wild at times, and loves to chase any dog who will play with him for HOURS... he also demands that daddy play with him in the evenings for a good chunk of time before and after the evening walk. but he's settling into our work schedule (we work at home) surprisingly well. and truthfully, it sounds like we have about the same puppy - he's good in public, obedient for the most part... there was a time when you couldn't walk across my floor without cody trying to eat your feet - literally. and although he is MUCH calmer with my old lady cheyenne, he still wants to play with her or hump her every chance he gets. we can't even leave them in a room alone together or he'll wear her out and leave her panting! but the difference is astounding. i never thought we'd be able to let cody sleep on the couch while we worked. i love him so much, and i'm glad he's still a puppy. i'm also glad that he's showing signs of being a wonderful, sweet little man. right now it's like the best of both worlds!

Hellas is offline Village Admiral

It's strange how these changes can sometimes happen almost over night. Winston too went from being a crazy puppy in need of constant attention to a mellow little gay who sleep under my desk most of the day.
    Cat Denby likes this.
    Proud mama to puggies Winston and Ozzie, Slatan the Cat and Zino the horse.

PeachesMom is offline Village Admiral

Mine is 6 1/2 months and I'm seeing changes in her for about a month now. My baby is starting to grow up. It's kind of sad to see the puppy stage go but it's fun to watch her change and grow up too.
    Cat Denby likes this.

Rufus Pug Bug is offline Village Senator

It's always nice seeing them mature and finally seeing the results of your hard work and training, but like you said, sad at the same time. I was glad when rufus didn't need to be crated anymore and when he learned to entertain himself so he didn't need my constant supervison but sometimes I miss the neediness of a small puppy.

Rufus grew into a lovely dog and he brings me a lot of joy and happiness. He is 5 in January but I love the fact he still has a cheeky puppy like side that comes out every now and then :)
    Cat Denby likes this.

Frodos mom is offline Village Admiral

It looks like he is smiling for the camera.

daveb123 is offline Village Puppy

Lovely pictures!.......thanks for posting them..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast