Help!!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Help!!

saralynn is offline Village Mayor

Default Help!!

So I have found a pup puppy that I want to adopt the only problem is that the owner lives in Cameroom(not sure wherer this even is). Anyways the Puppy has had 2 shots and deowrming and is about 8 1/2 weeks old he is AKC registered, written helath gaurantee and is tested for PDE. The only thing I am unsure of is how safe is it to have him flown to me in texas? I would really like this little fellow but this is really holding me back becuase I dont want the Pugs life to be endangered or anything. So if I could get some feed back that woud be great! Thank you all for your time.

AmberB is offline Village Admiral

Cameroon, officially the Republic of Cameroon , is a country in west Central Africa.

Mom to Lucy is offline Village Admiral

I was going to reply with the same information as AmberB.
    I don't think an international flight is a good idea for a puppy, unless someone is flying with it in the cabin. Even then, it's a loooong flight.
    Offers to ship a puppy internationally are often a scam. If it's legit, think of how a puppy would feel in a crate for 12 hours, no food/water, lots of scary noises, exposure to heat and cold. If it's held up in customs somewhere, are they going to care for it, or treat it like luggage? Personally, I wouldn't do it.
    Have you tried any rescues or breeders in your area? That would be a safer place to start. Even on Craigslist, you could search surrounding areas. Texas is huge...
    Good luck in your search!
    Christine Honorary Pug Parent. Wrangler of Bunny the crazy EP and Maverick the black Labrador. Mom to one human child, wife to a wonderful hubby. Counting the days to retirement....
    Forever missing our Bugsy Francis - 04/13/05 - 05/24/17 and Lucy Loo - 10/13/2005 - 12/27/2020.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

CountryPug is offline Village Pug Pony & Brittany Wrangler

Shipping a pup always concerns me, I know many people do it, but I would personally be concerned. They can over heat easily and you have no control over how long the crate will sit on the tarmac. You are also taking a risk by not meeting the pug before buying. Unless you know this is a highly reputable breeder, I myself would probably shy away from it. Others may have differing opinions.....will be interesting to see.
    Lu Ci and Ri Ki likes this.

Christa, Mom to Toby, Kelsey, Summer & Ellie Mae

missing Riley and Roxy, who are at the bridge
    and my precious Bella 11-2-07 - 05-6-12

shaynapug is offline True Village Royalty

Where did you find this breeder??????

Many breeders that I know what you to come pick up a puppy or they will fly with a puppy to you!

Personally, I would not buy from someone that ships sight unseen....and no long talks with you.....especially if you don't know where it's coming from. Cameroom is too far away. There are people with puppies in the US....and lots of rescues that need homes for their babies! Please think hard about this!
    Diane
    Shayna Pugs
    http://www.midmichiganpugclub.com
    Member of PDCA Rescue Committee

Hellas is offline Village Admiral

Hi! Are you absolutely sure it's in Cameroon? That sounds...unlikely. Scams with very cheap puppies that turn out to be no puppy at all once money has changed hands are common. For me, that would be reason enough not to do it. But there are several others. First of all, there are thousands of pugs - pups and adults - in rescues and shelters all over the US. Why not adopt one of them, instead of bringing another dog to the country? Second of all, I totally agree with others that it's both dangerous and inappropriate to ship a small puppy unaccompanied by air. You should be aware that pugs and other flatnosed breeds are at extra risk of dying during air travel, which has led to several airlines flatly refusing them onboard. And then you have all the other unknown factors, eloquently described by other posters. So my advice it, no, please don't do this.
    Proud mama to puggies Winston and Ozzie, Slatan the Cat and Zino the horse.

Cheryl7777 is offline Village Admiral

I bet you dollars to donuts this is a scam. I'm sorry but I would hate to see you get taken for your hard earned dollars because someone is playing on your desire for a cute little puppy. I would find a reputable breeder in your area or at least in the United States. As everyone has mentioned, there are so many Pugs in rescue that desperately need a home. The person claiming to be a breeder with a Pug puppy may even be using pictures or video that he found on the internet and doesn't have a puppy at all. You can never be too careful. Please think long and hard before you proceed with this venture.

Tinker's mom is offline Village Royalty

I agree with everyone else. There are too many breeders and rescues in this country to even consider a puppy sight unseen from another country.Sounds like a scam to me!
    Jackie,Mom to Robbie & Stacy my human children and Tinker my furkid.

Heike is offline Village Governor

sounds like the "nigeria scam"

Rufus Pug Bug is offline Village Senator

Guaranteed this is a scam! Do not send any money for this puppy because you will never receive it. Like the others have said, on the very small chance this is legit, flying a puppy from Cameroon is not fair on the dog. It will be a very long flight for the poor little thing to be crated for. I am sure you will be able to find a reputable breeder closer to home who will be able to sell you a healthy, happy puppy that you will actually be able to take home.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast